Wrestling's Top Twitter 2022

Lenin

7 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Thats how I have always thought of it, it was a puff piece mainly to promote Clash, but with a little more questions and crumbs thrown out. Helwani works for BT Sport so is hardly going to take the company to task about their seedy nature and recent allegations on a promotion interview a day before a PPV BT Sport are promoting.

Exactly. The two scenarios aren’t comparable. People are only salty because their boy looked like a cunt. 

3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Sorry, what?

33 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Thats how I have always thought of it, it was a puff piece mainly to promote Clash, but with a little more questions and crumbs thrown out. Helwani works for BT Sport so is hardly going to take the company to task about their seedy nature and recent allegations on a promotion interview a day before a PPV BT Sport are promoting.

That's kind of the point and the conflict Ariel himself saw while working for Fox and the relationship with UFC as a commercial partner.

You get the opportunity to interview someone. Then have to softball questions. It lends credibility to the subject that they're interviewed by a "credible journalist" and undermines the journalist.

1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

That's kind of the point and the conflict Ariel himself saw while working for Fox and the relationship with UFC as a commercial partner.

You get the opportunity to interview someone. Then have to softball questions. It lends credibility to the subject that they're interviewed by a "credible journalist" and undermines the journalist.

It’s an interviewer being a presenter for a TV company for a promotional piece about an entertainment show. It’s worlds away from an interviewer interviewing someone for his own podcast. 

I can really see BT Sport green lighting somethings along the lines of “Over the last 15 minutes you’ve heard me talk about how an entertainment company has hidden and covered up murder, rape, sexual assault, fraud, drug abuse and a whole manner of sordid repulsion. Make sure to catch this wretched company that are demonstrably despicable exclusively on BT Sports”

My issue with all that shit is how petty WWE is. Kinda amazing how rattled they get about AEW. The worst bit of it all was Michael Cole's bollocks about it. Who cares?

Tony just needs to ignore that stuff. No problem having a pop at the competition when you're the smaller company, but who cares about a journo hired by a wrestling company who's in tight with Nick Khan?

8 minutes ago, Factotum said:

My issue with all that shit is how petty WWE is. Kinda amazing how rattled they get about AEW. The worst bit of it all was Michael Cole's bollocks about it. Who cares?

Tony just needs to ignore that stuff. No problem having a pop at the competition when you're the smaller company, but who cares about a journo hired by a wrestling company who's in tight with Nick Khan?

You're surprised at how petty WWE can be? Really? They're as bad as TK is behind his Twitter account only they'll do silly shit like that on TV instead.

23 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

You're surprised at how petty WWE can be? Really? They're as bad as TK is behind his Twitter account only they'll do silly shit like that on TV instead.

I get that. Just weird really. Not sure they ever did anything on TNA but I suppose the landscape is different with social media etc. But how many people who watch WWE give a shit about a journalist?

I don’t mean any disrespect to the artist, they’re more talented that I ever could be, but they’ve done a bunch of these pieces now and every one of them looks like the wrestler in the foreground is exposing themselves to all the others (which in the case of Flair is a distinct possibility)

Edited by WyattSheepMask

On 2/26/2023 at 11:17 AM, WyattSheepMask said:

I don’t mean any disrespect to the artist, they’re more talented that I ever could be, but they’ve done a bunch of these pieces now and every one of them looks like the wrestler in the foreground is exposing themselves to all the others (which in the case of Flair is a distinct possibility)

If you assume that's correct some of the facial expressions are hilarious.