Wrestling's Top Twitter 2022

Lenin

49 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

One of my last jobs in TV was Piers Morgan’s Darkside of Fame, a precursor to Life Stories. One episode was with Les Battersby himself Bruce Jones. The poor sod found one of the victims of the Yorkshire Ripper and was considered a suspect for a short time. I’m sure he’ll have no problem in the ring.

Yes I recall watching a Netflix Documentary about the Yorkshire Ripper and Bruce Jones was on it explaining what had happened.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The poor sod found one of the victims of the Yorkshire Ripper and was considered a suspect for a short time

I remember reading about it and it included snipits from a few interviews with him about it and it really fucked him up by all accounts and is quite sad, he attributed it as part of the fall of his first marriage and his now long-standing drink problems.

Didn't he also get let go from Corrie for selling stories to the TV mags and couldn't find other work, resulting in his already heavy drinking getting worse?

He's an alcoholic with accusations of assulting his partner and with a history of selling stories to magazines who print spoilers, he'll never fit into wrestling.

It's petty, it's vindictive, it's from the Julie Hart "Well one day God's gonna strike you down" playbook but I don't care, it makes me warm and fuzzy that this daft bollocks happened to these four daft bastards. I've said for awhile now WWE reached a cut off point where you have to just abandoned logic and expectation and roll with the madness. This was mad. 

2 hours ago, Dai said:

It was probably the best pay day of every man's career, so I think it's fair to say they were the real winners, despite how bad the match quality was. 

Think Shawn got 3 million USD for that. Probably didn’t have to pay any tax either.