AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Billy Gunn is 58 years of age. 58! The guy looks tremendous, has barely aged and is out here as the most over guy in the whole company. Insane.

He really is The One.

Its totally bonkers that this was a guy I was watching most weeks on WWF Superstars when I was 9 years old, and I'm approaching 40 by now.

• Awards Moderator

Jungle Boy, FTR, The Acclaimed, Hangman, Moxley, Butcher, OC and PAC were all ace this week. There’s such a good roster to call on. I could still do without all the ROH stuff, and I think we’re almost at the point where the wrestlers with belts outnumber those without, but AEW can still put on a great show.

Hangman is still an absolute babe, isn't he? The lovely affable handsome bastard. I want Hangman. Win or Lose, he's my guy. Just always been a great multifaceted character you can absolutely root or understand. 

Also Orange Cassidy getting his final measure over Pac was great. Renee is a perfect signing. 

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members

I've just thought about Spears bringing back the '10' gimmick, while there is actually a guy called 10 on the roster. Poor Preston. 

Although, I love me some Shawn Spears, the guy doesn't get enough credit as a solid hand. 

Edited by Nick James

8 hours ago, Nick James said:

I've just thought about Spears bringing back the '10' gimmick, while there is actually a guy called 10 on the roster. Poor Preston. 

Although, I love me some Shawn Spears, the guy doesn't get enough credit as a solid hand. 

Feels like they had plans for 10 before the Andrade blow up. I struggle to watch some of his matches as he's adjusting his mask after every other move.  This being his 3rd version at least and it's gotten worse.

Maybe he has a rebrand on the horizon.

Always have a soft spot for Prince Nana, great to see him. Love the big guy too, looks like he’d kill you. Shame about his partner’s look. The shiny white boots, abs and baby face gear ruins the whole savages look.

On a side not Toni Storm comes across so personable on outside interviews but feels completely disposable and meaningless currently. They really can’t book this division at all can they, with the exception of the incredible Jade. 

Spears as a face, Garcia back heel, not feeling either.

Also PAC was only getting started as a nasty bastard with the hammer, should have had a great run. Same as Claudio. Rack of the wins and momentum, don’t cut them off.

Edited by boyfriend

• Paid Members

It needs to be a one off. I've only ever thought he was any cop as MJF's lackey. Absolutely nonsensical that he came out of nowhere after months off after being a dickhead heel and just saddled up alongside the faces. One of the blunders from this show I would say, though most stuff was between solid and very good. 

Other drawbacks were lawyers and lawsuits, stable recruiting nonsense with Private Party's contracts being sold and the continued constant interruption of backstage interviews. 

The in ring on the show was very enjoyable though, with so many people coming across really well in front of a great crowd. Then you had Moxley, Page and MJF being great on the mic and carrying the main event scene along nicely. 

Overally definitely a plus of a show for me. An improvement over recent shows for sure. 

Pac's selling in the main event was spectacular, I don't think I've ever seen someone sell a DDT like that and he made the Orange Punch look like he was fighting Hogan.

• Paid Members

Really fun show. Loved that main event (and yeah, holy shit, Pac's selling is god-tier). Jungle Boy vs Luchasaurus could have been a main event match too - huge fun. That powerbomb felt like real opening credits video material. 

Other highlight - Nyla Rose getting to just be Nyla Rose. She's naturally funny and charismatic and it's taken far too long for them to lean into that.

• Paid Members

I was kind of hoping the Garcia/Jericho thing would lead to those two belts being combined, but it seems not now with Garcia siding with Jericho. 

Around the time of the All Atlantic title or else the TBS championship coming out, I can't quite remember which it was, but Meltzer had an idea that I quite liked and wish they would have done. That of a sprint title. One with a very short time limit (ten minutes max). I think that would have been a nice way to make it slightly different if they absolutely insisted on having another singles title.

As it is, the TBS/women's title's would benefit from being combined, as would the three ROH male singles titles. Absolutely pointless that a promotion without a TV show (existing entirely within another promotion) has, what, five championships? 

Danielson could do with beating Angelo, Hager and some other random's in the lead up to re-matching Garcia. As well as maybe a win in a six way Vs 2.0 and Garcia. It feels like Danielson loses pretty regularly these days. That may be his idea, judging by his latter day WWE run, but if he's to remain relevant at the top of the card (I'd already suggest he's past relevant and in need of full rehab) but those losses need to be more rare.