AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

I was a bit disappointed with the Young Bucks / Undisputed split. I know some stuff has been sizzling underneath, but nothing to justify a ouright assault. Like what is the motivation for this?

Adam Cole watches the show and has seen that the Bucks have been flirting with his nemesis Adam Page after they've been gone for just a month or so. They've been disloyal and they're not even tag champs anymore.

Coles been using them as his minions since he got back and they were starting to step out, so he decided to take care of them in a fit of jealous rage.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

If memory serves, it took up most of the first hour.

It's one of the best angles they ever did. They spent ages selling it and in a realistic way they hadn't done before and haven't really done since. Half the roster came out, heels and faces together, to check and watch over Funk and Foley, looking very concerned. The Outlaws stand off to the side with a "oh shit we went too far this time" look on their faces. Some of the wrestlers were so mad they tried to attack them. Triple H and HBK come out and tell the Outlaws that they did the right thing to push up the ratings. It's a marvellous bit of wrestling telly.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

It's one of the best angles they ever did. They spent ages selling it and in a realistic way they hadn't done before and haven't really done since. Half the roster came out, heels and faces together, to check and watch over Funk and Foley, looking very concerned. The Outlaws stand off to the side with a "oh shit we went too far this time" look on their faces. Some of the wrestlers were so mad they tried to attack them. Triple H and HBK come out and tell the Outlaws that they did the right thing to push up the ratings. It's a marvellous bit of wrestling telly.

And that’s the thing, it was the most heinous act act imaginable at the time. Here, minutes later it was like it never happened. I mean, Funk & Foley weren’t in the shape The Ass Boys are in but no-one, not even their Dad who did the dam thing originally, came out to check on them. It was just a throwaway “remember this from the good old days?” spot and then immediately onto the next thing.

Is Jay Lethal’s theme a carryover from his ROH run? It’s fucking awful. I know most of the AEW original themes are quite poor, but that one in particular is horrific 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Duke said:

It's particularly amazing that the guy in the match who was around when the WWE did it in 1998, as dangerous as that was (was that how funk got injured in that match?) presumably went "yeah, ok, I'll let my two sons do that".

The "pushing the dumpster off the stage" spot was in the build to the match, not the match itself. Funk got injured in the match because there was a massive plank of wood in the dumpster, and he hit the small of his back on it when he was powerbombed into it. His entire lower back bruised up horribly and he could barely stand. So much for WWE's safe props. 

• Paid Members

My guess as to how they did it is that there are handles on the floor of the dumpster. So, they go in, hunker down and hold on tight. So, when it tips, they're not thrown to the floor - they're taking a much safer bump, and as long as they don't let their feet get under the metal walls of the dumpster, it shouldn't be *too* risky.

54 minutes ago, Chris B said:

My guess as to how they did it is that there are handles on the floor of the dumpster. So, they go in, hunker down and hold on tight. So, when it tips, they're not thrown to the floor - they're taking a much safer bump, and as long as they don't let their feet get under the metal walls of the dumpster, it shouldn't be *too* risky.

They got pushed into a large crash pad Wednesday. So the bump was onto that. The dumpster isn’t really a factor as it’d not touch them