AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

A very small thing, but there was a moment in Mox/Rush that I absolutely loved. Rush hits Mox with a snap suplex and instead of selling it like a wrestler usually would, Mox lands, immediately springs up and slams his mat into the ground in frustration with pain on his face and brutally blasts Rush in the face in response. I thought it was such a unique way of selling the move. It hurt - his face shows that , but Mox is more pissed that he slipped up enough for Rush to hit the move on him than he is in pain and immediately goes on the attack to cut off any of his opponents momentum. Moxley is so good at the little moments.

I think Moxley retaining against Punk has to happen really.

The last thing they want is a WWE-like sense that they can’t deviate from The Plan. Punk winning at the first attempt would be such a reset moment.

Mox retains. Punk doubts himself and slowly turns heel is the way to go.

• Paid Members

The Jericho match being announced for free TV, combined with the way Jericho has been pushing the feud with Danielson so hard, it definitely feels like Punk’s going to be back in time and the PPV matches are Punk vs. Mox and Jericho vs. Danielson.

Obviously the real main event is Ricky Starks vs. Powerhouse Hobbs, but those other two matches should make for nice support acts on the show.

Happy everyone is getting on board with the idea of Mox retaining. He’s in unbelievable form.

This is lovely. Add Proud Dad Taz to the long list of why Taz is one of the best signings in AEW history.

Edited by Supremo

That’s one of the best bits of wrestling in years. hook being in character awkward at trying to stay cool, Tazz putting over everyone involved. We don’t need better 15 min monologues, we need more short segments like this that get more people building connections with the fans.

I may have bought a pair of orange shorts since Wednesday, I make no apologies 😂

• Paid Members

Man the whole FTW segment was pure gold. Haven’t felt that energised by a segment in some time. Starks is a star, Hook is a star, Taz is an absolute treasure. Love it. 

One of the best parts of the implosion between Hobbs and Starks was Taz didn't actually side with either man. He asked on commentary what Hobbs was doing but didn't outright lambast him either. If he is going to have to choose between Hobbs and Starks, I think Taz should stick with Hobbs as he still needs a bit more help than Starks, who proved once again how good he is.

The worst part of the whole segment, just like it was last week, was JR trying so hard to get over "Pretty Ricky". Last week was worse with "everyone calls him absolute but to me he'll always be Pretty Ricky" but even after the video package before the match where Starks ends it with calling himself absolute, JR pushes "Pretty Ricky" that nobody else even acknowledges.

He's a bag of old doorknobs on comms is JR but he wasn't wrong about referencing him as Jack Perry as well. 

Big fan of them rotating him out of commentary more. Schiavone has settled into a nice jack of all trades role. Keep putting Taz on Dynamite I say. 

Just now, Hartleyno9 said:

What on earth do people see in this Danhausen shite? It's dreadful. 

Are people literally wanking over a pop? All I see is people commenting "listen to that pop" etc. 

A massive pop for an act like Danhausen on national television is a sort of coming out moment that anyone who is along for the ride can get a buzz out of. It's both an indication of being over and a moment in and of itself.