AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

7 minutes ago, Hartleyno9 said:

What on earth do people see in this Danhausen shite? It's dreadful. 

Are people literally wanking over a pop? All I see is people commenting "listen to that pop" etc. 

Dreadful for you perhaps. But plenty of people find him entertaining. 

And no one's wanking as far as I'm aware.

• Paid Members

Danhausen represents the dichotomy of man. We are all both very nice and very evil. He challenges the viewer to look inward and try their best to radiate light whilst carrying the weight of the darkness which dwells within all of us. Very big with the 95-250 beard stroking philosopher demo.

Or maybe he's a comedy jobber and comedy is subjective. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Hartleyno9 said:

What on earth do people see in this Danhausen shite? It's dreadful. 

Are people literally wanking over a pop? All I see is people commenting "listen to that pop" etc. 

He makes me laugh. He has great instincts and comedy timing, and knows when a joke stops being funny so he can pivot to another one. And frankly The Gunn Club owe him big for dragging them out of totally forgettable and into an over gimmick.

I’m just grateful they seem to have separated Hook from Danhausen.  Hook is that rarest thing, genuinely cool - and being tied to a comedy jobber was a bad idea.  

Look at those photos @Supremo posted above.  How cool would they be with the Kiss Kid gurning next to him?  Not nearly as cool.

• Paid Members

I enjoy Danhausen's Shctick, and I think Hookhausen was a good thing for Hook while he was first establishing himself on regular TV. Hook has graduated past the need for him now though. 

1 hour ago, JimmyAnderson said:

The worst part of the whole segment, just like it was last week, was JR trying so hard to get over "Pretty Ricky". Last week was worse with "everyone calls him absolute but to me he'll always be Pretty Ricky" but even after the video package before the match where Starks ends it with calling himself absolute, JR pushes "Pretty Ricky" that nobody else even acknowledges.

Yeah, I can’t stand it when one person tries incessantly to give someone a name, pushing it constantly and it doesn’t catch on too well, but they carry on. Hopefully Tony Sniff will have a word and get it knocked on the head. 

Danhosuen weakened Richard for Hook to win. He’s just a funny wee guy who talks a big game and his act just now is to wrestle like a nobody. When he started countering more, lasting longer in matches and then beating a name, the crowd will go crazy. Leave all the workrate nonsense out of it, his reactions show crowds go in part to see him. He’s human monies 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

I’m just grateful they seem to have separated Hook from Danhausen.  Hook is that rarest thing, genuinely cool - and being tied to a comedy jobber was a bad idea.  

Giving Hook just a hint of a softer side in the story with Danhausen was perfect and made him feel more like a fleshed out character than before. It was great. The birthday gift of a bag of crisps was wonderful stuff.

I enjoyed the segment too but Hook will eventually be shown to be an Emperor without clothes.

He doesn’t strike me as effortlessly cool. He strikes me as an awkward lad with no screen presence.

Danhausen on the other hand is great. The thinking man’s Santino.

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, JLM said:

Man the whole FTW segment was pure gold. Haven’t felt that energised by a segment in some time. Starks is a star, Hook is a star, Taz is an absolute treasure. Love it. 

Great segment from start to finish. I’d be happy for the four of them - Hobbs, Starks, Danhausen and HOOK - to be AEW’s next “four pillars”. The powerhouse, the superstar, the comedian and the silent killer.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
Pluralise your Starks, ya idiot

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Great segment from start to finish. I’d be happy for the four of them - Hobbs, Stark, Danhausen and HOOK - to be AEW’s next “four pillars”. The powerhouse, the superstar, the comedian and the silent killer.

MJWho? Honestly I’m not sure where he’s gone, if he’s ever going to be brought back, but I already don’t miss him half as much as I thought and I think your post sums it up. Even when AEW have gone through a bit of a dip, they have now created 4 new stars with a story which can go in many different ways. In fact I’m only gutted Wardlow is TNT champ because it would be a great title for Richard to win. 

Being honest I can’t say I miss MJF much either. He’s always played on the “can’t believe he gets away with That” side than ever saying anything particularly clever. I still expect he is back at the ppv, but if he’s not then fair enough. 

I'll be happy when Punk comes back. Just because I believe the MJF stuff is a work and is being held off to tie back into the eventual Punk v. MJF rematch.

I know AEW still has it's injuries and absences, but it's back to near full strength. All Out/Grand Slam/Toronto debut/Full Gear/Winter is Coming. They should be able to avoid a major lull that can happen between PPVs.