AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

8 minutes ago, Duke said:

Hey, they're elaborating on Danhausen and letting us find out a bit more about what he is, and even giving him a match. This is exactly what we were asking for. I look forward to seeing Hook crush him and him getting a bit more to do. I still don't get it, but I'm closer to seeing what it is.

I see it being something a bit like Pac/OC was, but this is more based on Hook either not taking Danhausen seriously or finding him amusingly not threatening enough to hurt him. Danhausen is basically fuming at his silly curse not working and has possibly jumped the gun. Crowd loved it. If it ends with Hook beating him and then offering a chip and barely acknowledging him, then they've done good. Hookhausen should also happen once. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

What's this in reference to?

I believe it's in reference to a post I made in a different thread about Tony Khan looking scruffy...but what relevance that has to Hook I have no idea. I'm sure Hannibal Scorch thinks he's being very witty.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I believe it's in reference to a post I made in a different thread about Tony Khan looking scruffy...but what the fuck relevance that has to Hook I have no idea. I'm sure Hannibal Scorch thinks he's being very witty though.

No, I think I just made a dumb comment in reference to a conversation we were having in another AEW thread. Nothing witty about it. Maybe a bit sarky? Either way, over thinking it.

Cm punks had nearly as many Bret hart matches as the hitman at this rate. I bet Dustin cried after that match and thanked him he’s doing it so well

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members

It would save time on Dynamite if CM Punk told us beforehand which Bret Hart match he's remaking (not very well) this week so we can all watch that on the Network and then Khan can put something else on instead.

To be fair, those are pretty standard spots that, apart from the headbutt to the 'lower abdomen', could hardly be called Bret staples. It's fun seeing that Punk appears to be approaching all his matches like a trainee finding some gem on Youtube and trying to replicate it beat for beat in a beer garden in Mottingham.

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It would save time on Dynamite if CM Punk told us beforehand which Bret Hart match he's remaking (not very well) this week so we can all watch that on the Network and then Khan can put something else on instead.

Is this a common grievance now? I've sort of switched off the last few weeks, so interesting if some people have gone off Punk already. Prior to be stopping watching for a bit (around the PPV) it felt like he was having the run of his life.

3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Is this a common grievance now? I've sort of switched off the last few weeks, so interesting if some people have gone off Punk already. Prior to be stopping watching for a bit (around the PPV) it felt like he was having the run of his life.

He is still having the run of his life. I have never noticed at the time that he's doing Bret Hart spots until someone posts a video of it afterwards. He's great.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

No it’s just someone who doesn’t watch the product moaning about something no one is moaning about in general.