AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

8 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Which is odd as when he recently had a new stable hanging around with him, nobody had a good word to say about it.

Did MJF and the Firm ever have any interactions as a stable beyond stealing the briefcase? I remember it dying on its arse because the two kept themselves apart with the whole stable on retainer nonsense. It was then went in to the weird beatdowns where it was teased who's side MJF was on.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Which is odd as when he recently had a new stable hanging around with him, nobody had a good word to say about it.

It's almost like The Firm and The Pinnacle are different entities, one being good, one being shite rather than MJF being the problem. 

16 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Did MJF and the Firm ever have any interactions as a stable beyond stealing the briefcase? I remember it dying on its arse because the two kept themselves apart with the whole stable on retainer nonsense. It was then went in to the weird beatdowns where it was teased who's side MJF was on.

No, but even after All Out, before they had the chance to interact, it was being shit on as just a rehash of The Pinnacle, and that he should do something original.

30 minutes ago, Matthew said:

I think @Infinity Land has it spot on here. From what I remember, people were generally quite positive about the stable heading out of the PPV (although that obvious distraction means my memory is fuzzy) - ultimately, The Firm consists of really talented wrestlers (and Stokely), and there's no reason why it couldn't have worked. 

Then, on the episode immediately following the PPV, MJF described them as a "stable on retainer", and they barely interacted again, before The Firm attacked him. Whatever the case, they were never really "his" stable, and personally, I'd have fancied their chances of succeeding had that been the case. 

Edited by RedRooster

Acclaimed vs FTR was great

They built Starks up great. 

The Regal thing was evidence that TK had an idea but couldn't find a decent conclusion to it. 

Never going to say no to a Briscoes vs FTR match but it felt complete panic mode by Tony to make Final Battle borderine interesting and them running out of ways to announce the FTR/Briscoes matches considering WBD don't want Mark and Jay is quite funny. 

Reading the thread about Tony and his personal life shit and how he should delegate. I think even Tony's biggest detractors will admit that he is a workaholic and he maybe felt that working through the whole ordeal was his escape. Also, Tony seems like the guy who thinks, it's my and my family's money im spending so I'm the one that's accountable for it so it's my decision making and mine alone. 

15 hours ago, Louch said:

Is there value in the tape library as anyone who I know who admitted to liking ROH has what they wanna watch downloaded already.small volumes of people are gonna wanna watch badly lit and recorded old shows in front of tiny crowds. Yeah you get clips of your aew talent on best of compilations, but are they even a thing anymore as aew hasn’t touched it and the wwe dvd business is dead 

It’s hundreds of hours of content. That’s the selling point of a streaming service. 

2 hours ago, Loki said:

Allin is destined for a wheelchair.

Would prefer prison but that would be an acceptable substitute. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Louch said:

Is there value in the tape library as anyone who I know who admitted to liking ROH has what they wanna watch downloaded already.small volumes of people are gonna wanna watch badly lit and recorded old shows in front of tiny crowds. Yeah you get clips of your aew talent on best of compilations, but are they even a thing anymore as aew hasn’t touched it and the wwe dvd business is dead 

Wasn't there, pre purchase, Honor Club which was all their old content, plus the latest PPV's? Which is rumored to be relaunched after this PPV. So whilst RoH fan base is smaller, there are people who will pay $10 a month or so for it. In the same way people pay for Impact plus and NWA. My mate bought the RoH PPV events since the buy out on Fite and were quite enjoyable so I would not be surprised if that is the model they continue with because the Briscoes aren't getting on any Discovery TV channel at this rate.