Worst person in the wrestling business

IronSheik

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

What was the point of Jimmy Savile doing the grappling? Was he doing it for some noncing? What was the point?

It's not something I know for absolutely sure, but British wrestling for a long time was run by gangsters, and one of the reasons Savile was untouchable for most of his life was because he was in with gangsters. I wouldn't be surprised if that was how he built up those links.

• Paid Members

It’s a fucking awful situation where I stumble upon some intimation on Twitter that someone is anti-LGBT and my first thought was “Hang on, nonce and rapist I know about but… is this new?”

9 hours ago, theringmaster said:

essentially rewritten his narrative as a successful businessman

Huh?

9 hours ago, theringmaster said:

ECW was propped up financially for years by wwe and he could never cut it as a booker in wwe

While his Smackdown run is not perfect, I think you'll find that all the talent on that roster at the time absolutely speak highly of his time with the book. Also just throw in the fact that its 2022 and Paul E is still relevant in wrestling with the two top stars in the company.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Chili said:

We would all say Bobby Eaton and close the thread. 

Only if it was about "the nicest", though. If it was just about nice people in general, we'd have to include Terry Funk, Johnny Kidd, and Bryan Danielson at least.

• Paid Members

Yeah, nobody had a bad thing to say about Beautiful Bobby, with the possible exception of Lance Storm.