Worst person in the wrestling business

IronSheik

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Until Spud pays back the fiver he owes to @Alex Wright Markhe will be worse than Hitler. 

I’d never put it in monetary terms, there’s a pint and a bag of scratchings I’ll never get back from him too.

Not that I can be too angry, he did let me book the 1PW title tournament from round of 16 though to final on that fateful night in the Baggeridge in Lower Gornal. If anyones still upset Abyss won, you can blame me.

17 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

There's too many scumbags all jostling for the top spot, so I'll just go with my "For fuck sake" reaction whenever someone's music hit down through the years and say that the absolute worst person in the wrestling business is the Disco Inferno.

43a9bf3bd8e60f8e1aff48cae956b008.gif

16 hours ago, Merzbow said:

The Harris Twins have to be up there, there's no way they haven't done something truly despicable while wearing a pillow case.

I’m reliably informed it never goes further than a game of “Who’s got the silliest thing under their robe” and a cake raffle.

Isn't there a story about Benoit and JBL bullying Miz when he first came through? Made him change in the corridor, ruined his gear etc.

I think Benoit comes from that generation where if you good in the ring, it didn't matter you were an asshole, for example Dynamite Kid who used to 'rib' newbies by breaking their legs. It's very clear looking back on Benoit he was not a nice person backstage and definitely had an aura of fear around him but as long as he kept whacking those 5* classics, nobody cared.

I think Triple H kinda deserves a mention; Kissed ass backstage until he got himself into a main event position, left his longtime gf for Bosses daughter, basically installed himself as the king of the wrestling world, questionable attitude towards women wrestlers (which tbf is said to have got alot better since he has had daughters).

I think he has really re-invented his image with NXT so people forget the sot of character he was to get to that position.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, theringmaster said:

Isn't there a story about Benoit and JBL bullying Miz when he first came through? Made him change in the corridor, ruined his gear etc.

I think Benoit comes from that generation where if you good in the ring, it didn't matter you were an asshole, for example Dynamite Kid who used to 'rib' newbies by breaking their legs. It's very clear looking back on Benoit he was not a nice person backstage and definitely had an aura of fear around him but as long as he kept whacking those 5* classics, nobody cared.

Wrestling "bants" if you cant take a broken face and or leg you shouldn't be in the business kid. 

Dynamite saw no issue in attempting to knock a young mick Foley's head off just for kicks. You have to certain level of awful to hurt someone that has zero comeback on you. 

Has moolah been mentioned yet? 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, IronSheik said:

🤦‍♂️Yeah Benoit sounds like wrong 'ne, even before the horrific things he did at the end.

Aye. Even when he was in NJPW he'd piss in the Young Boys faces while they did press ups. Because he could. He used to randomly beat the shit out of Justin Roberts (also a cunt) in airports, hotels, etc, and then be "Hey man. How's your Dad?" He's also the one who turfed Miz out of the dressing room for eating chicken over a Ref's bag, though WWE retconned it to be JBL.

As talented as he is, I'd say Paul E deserves a mention as well. He seems to lie every time he opens his mouth, even when it's totally unnecessary. He convinced a lot of people in ECW to fuck up their bodies with promises that he'd make them stars, even though he knew full well that he couldn't even pay them half the time Then he declared bankruptcy and moved on with his life. Didn't even tell his wrestlers, just turned up on RAW.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

He convinced a lot of people in ECW to fuck up their bodies with promises that he'd make them stars, even though he knew full well that he couldn't even pay them half the time 

A counterpoint to that is that a fair few of them have been stealing a living ever since, so he wasn't wrong.

2 hours ago, Factotum said:

Yeah I mean Paul E is a liar and a bit of a dirtbag but he basically made some of the worst wrestlers ever into guys people still talk about today. 

Yeah it's kind of incredible a guy like Tommy Dreamer went on to have long careers travelling the globe with the biggest company in the industry and has action figures and other merch. He's so indy and has zero star power on paper, but Paul E did somehow manage to conjure mass-hypnosis.

But as much as Paul E was a compulsive liar, I don't think he was proper bad bastard. I think he always wanted to do right by his talent but due to his business failings couldn't and didn't have the balls to be straight with them.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, theringmaster said:

think he has really re-invented his image with NXT so people forget the sot of character he was to get to that position.

Re-invented his image in the past few years as a failure of a promoter and an idiot who can't run a decent talent development programme that's for sure.