Worst person in the wrestling business

IronSheik

Found my copy of Edge's (shite) autobiography over my Christmas internment and its amazing reading the bit where JBL emerges in the shower behind Edge (who's new and pretty powerless in the company) and soaps Edge's ass is just laughed off as boys will be boys and testing the newbie. He then battered Edge in a match a few weeks later, but Edge didn't complain about either so he passed the test. Sleeping on frozen Canadian gym floors and surviving on a can of tuna a day on the indies isn't enough of a test like.

Fucking hell, what an awful business.

Edited by DCW

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LCJ said:

Chris Benoit killed his wife and his child. I’d say the thread title belongs to him.

Not to question this, because it's right, but with benoit he did what he did with a brain like packet of smash by all accounts, where someone like Snuka can't have such an excuse made. 

Now again, benoit was always a mental case by all accounts but it's perhaps not so clear cut, which is tragic really. 

Edited by Tommy!

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

Not to question this, because it's right, but with benoit he did what he did with a brain like packet of smash by all accounts, where someone like Snuka can't have such an excuse made. 

Now again, benoit was always a mental case by all accounts but it's perhaps not so clear cut, which is tragic really. 

I see what you’re saying regarding Benoit’s brain damage but he was still liable (or at least would’ve been had he not killed himself too).

2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

He was in a couple of matches. So he counts.

I believe he had a run of around 30-50 matches (and he would boast he never won a single one) he was on a British Wrestling doc from about 20 years ago. A kinda fascinating thing to watch knowing everything we know about him now. I always found it odd when everything came out about him his wrestling career was barely mentioned.

Whilst I wouldn't call Heyman 'the worst person', I have for a long time just viewed him as a piece of sh!t. He's a failure who has managed to blag himself work and essentially rewritten his narrative as a successful businessman when anything he has done outside of an on screen character on wwe tv has bombed (remember his heyman Hustle blog where he interviewed wannabe glamour models? With photoshoots that looked like they were done on a phone). I can remember watching the wwe doc on him a few years back and just thinking what a load of bullsh!t it was; ECW was propped up financially for years by wwe and he could never cut it as a booker in wwe (obviously there are a lot of people who can't work it out with McMahon but point still stands) and the only significant thing from his last run as booker was making a Pregnant woman champion. The wisest thing he ever did was make friends with a young Brock and convince him he needs him as a mentor and also learn how to stroke Vince's ego.

The only thing i will give him credit for was he actually a really good commenter when he briefly replaced the King for 6 months or so, him and JR had really good chemistry (which by accounts was fueled by genuine dislike for each other).

Flipping it all around a little, I find it amazing that Shane McMahon has such a  good reputation; Liked by all the locker room, no stories of backstage politics or back stabbing, happy married family man with no questionable relationship's with female talent, no known egotistical traits. Vince, Stephanie and Linda have a ton of skeletons in the closet but despite coming from the same family he genuinely seems to have walked his own path.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

The only thing i will give him credit for was he actually a really good commenter when he briefly replaced the King for 6 months or so, him and JR had really good chemistry (which by accounts was fueled by genuine dislike for each other).

They argued a lot on-screen but “genuine dislike” is far too strong. Out of JRs own mouth Heyman knew what buttons to press but they’ve always been friends, his being the account that matters.

15 minutes ago, air_raid said:

They argued a lot on-screen but “genuine dislike” is far too strong. Out of JRs own mouth Heyman knew what buttons to press but they’ve always been friends, his being the account that matters.

Fair enough, I was only going off stuff I read on dirt sheets over the years

A deep cut here, Johnny Angel. I don't think he ever made much of an impact in wrestling but he sure did in the Klan, he got as far a being a Grand Wizard so he must have been up to some real evil shit.

Although, Johnny did end up being a pretty big anti-fascist later in life. A weird guy.