AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

For all the recent criticism of AEW booking I thought that Kingston segment was p strong (assuming it's going where I think it's going).

Seems like it's setting up Kingson vs. Pac which would be fresh (at least for AEW, dunno if they've feuded elsewhere) both in terms of the actual wrestling and two distinct characters interacting. Plus they're playing off Kingston's existing relationship with Penta/Fenix along with the growing storyline of different alignment within Death Triangle (even if it's a touch similar to Jericho/Santan/Ortiz)

Edited by organizedkaos

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

How many is that since the promotion launched? It must be well into double figures now. 
15?

Depends on what you mean? World Title Eliminator into Full Gear now looks to be a tradition. Does that count as 1 or 3? Even with that aside it's into double digits with tournaments to crown inaugral champions (women's world, tag titles, TNT, TBS, Trios, All-Atlantic), the women's tag tournament, grand slam tournament of champions, the US/Japan bracket women's eliminator tournament, Owen Hart Cup (counting as 1 or 2).  Probably missing some.

On paper I don't mind the return of the Full Gear Eliminator. Just because MJF is going to need someone as a challenger and it's forcing them to decide on that now. It's also the one tournament that's lead to something decent. Kenny Omega's title win. Danielson destroying the Dark Order on the way to challenging Hangman.

------------------------

Rampage was a slog this week with the dead crowd. Made worse by watching a Fite feed where they might as well have turned the sound off during the commercial breaks.

There were some misjudgments trying to juggle pre-tapes and engaging the live audience. Stokely & Moriarty gurning on stage while an otherwise decent Road to... video played on the big screen with sound issues. Billy's kidnapping as well. The commentary team tried to sell it, but wasn't helped by JR I think saying something along the lines 'hopefully we'll have a doctor's report on how he's doing' When he's kidnapped in a secret location.

Then the smozz at the end with the Kingdom, Embassy, and Hobbs. I haven't a clue if Hobbs is now in the Embassy or not and I don't think anyone else does either.

• Paid Members

Perfectly ok episode this week.

The 4 way for the ROH title at Full Gear is some weird booking, mainly because they spent weeks on a "is Garcia going to turn on Jericho?" story then in this match put in...Sammy Guevara?! Surely putting Garcia in his spot makes perfect sense storyline wise?

39 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The 4 way for the ROH title at Full Gear is some weird booking, mainly because they spent weeks on a "is Garcia going to turn on Jericho?" story then in this match put in...Sammy Guevara?! Surely putting Garcia in his spot makes perfect sense storyline wise?

I’d guess Garcia is being kept for Final Battle. 

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Yeah, I think they messed up the Garcia storyline. Even if he does end up turning on Jericho still, I fear that the moment might have passed where it would have been most effective. They seemed to have been on to something with a babyface Garcia.