AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Trent Severn is definitely bad fat. Get that prick the fuck off my AEW.

Definitely one for the 'Wrestlers who look like they stink' thread. Guys got a worse tan than MJF.

Edited by Nick James

1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

Has WWE done anything with Tyler Bate since NXTUK shutdown? Haven't seen his name in a while now and no jokes about a rebrand. If he's in storage for NXT Europe that must be kind of frustrating.

Didn't he feud with Bron Breakker over the NXT championship a few months ago?  Since then, nothing.  And honestly, he needs a total repackage.  Big strong boy, stroking moustache... he's been doing that for years and years, it's tired now.

• Paid Members

I don’t know what it’ll do for the ratings long-term but I’m more than happy with Rampage’s current format of Moxley having mad, blood-soaked sprints in the opener, he and Hangman brawling into the night, with the show then closing with a fun, feel-good house show main event involving Orange Cassidy and friends. Extra points now Dustin Rhodes is playing the straight man to these goofballs. Genuinely funny stuff.

Big fan of Samoa Joe cutting a terrifying promo in the loveliest of Hawaiian shirts. It took a while in AEW but Joe is getting close to peak form these days. Long may it continue.

I ended up watching this week’s show on the TNT feed. During the ad breaks they were promoting Dana White’s new show, Power Slap. Imagine seeing that advert playing, knowing you couldn’t get a TV deal for ROH. Embarrassing.

Best Friends are low-key one of the most enduring acts in AEW that find a way to stave off staleness. I really enjoy Chuck & Trent's smart arse Always Sunny shit, also they've probably tripped over a lucky pairing in Uncle Dustin and Danhausen, they could be really funny and gives Dustin's dust knees a rest.