AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members

Ugh, Tyson.

Yay, Shibata. That was probably the least Orange Cassidy match we've seen from Orange Cassidy, but the sheer weirdness of this being... what, Shibata's second actual match since his injury? That was really something - I only started watching NJPW after he left, so that's the first real active Shibata match I've seen.

I always got the feeling Shibata actually did go into business from himself at Wrestle Kingdom and even NJPW said "fuck off are we putting you in a ring again.".

Still can't believe he's a trainer. 

Lesson 1: How to actually headbutt the top guy in the company and virtually end your own career

On 11/7/2022 at 8:54 AM, Vamp said:

I always got the feeling Shibata actually did go into business from himself at Wrestle Kingdom and even NJPW said "fuck off are we putting you in a ring again.".

Still can't believe he's a trainer. 

Lesson 1: How to actually headbutt the top guy in the company and virtually end your own career

Yea, they were advertising the wrestle kingdom match as a normal singles match for ages and then a few weeks prior to the show they kept calling it an exhibition.

Then after the ring entrances there was an awkward pause as Shibata basically got on the mic and said “Fuck it i’m having a proper match”

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

It's a taped show this week so there'll be spoilers out there tomorrow.

14 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Or if you didn’t fancy waiting.

Edited by Chest Rockwell
Spoiling

• Paid Members

I'm sure there weren't that many people there, but. . .did anybody seem over in front of that crowd? 

Rapist Mike Tyson on the show didn't help my enjoyment of it any. 

Ricky Starks is alive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kingston getting to fight Akiyama was the only thing of note this week, I expect they'll have a 1-on-1 at some point.

Hook showing he can sell for ages, not exactly what I selfishly want to see from his matches but if he's going to become a complete package it's probably necessary.

• Paid Members

Really disappointed by the main event. The crowd were fucking awful and for some reason they built Eddie vs Akiyama and then never hot tagged into it. I guess to push the singles match but it detracted from the tag so much.

Hook has cooled right off since last time I saw him too. Tony just can’t book past a certain point of popularity can he?