AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Prior to Muta coming out she checked the position of the table at least 3 times, and instead of falling she jumped and missed about 2/3rds of the table, wouldn’t blame the spot on AEW

She’s incredibly green and shouldn’t be taking that sort of bump at all until she’s much more experienced.  I very much doubt they practice this shit, as they do in WWE/NXT.

59 minutes ago, Loki said:

She’s incredibly green and shouldn’t be taking that sort of bump at all until she’s much more experienced.  I very much doubt they practice this shit, as they do in WWE/NXT.

AEW are doing a table with someone at least once a week now, and probably have been for a long time, so the worst thing is, she'll have been put in that situation for nothing. Even in context, she's still trying to get over as their spooky goth girl, so it wasn't even as if the table spot was comeuppance for anything.

Eddie Kingston is still really great isn't he. Contrary to others I've enjoyed both these shows. Dynamite had an NXT Takeover format feel, Rampage felt more consistent. I've not really invested much more info into all the backstage squabbling so I'm just watching. Not too bothered with the ROH belts being around. They're shopping the product around and hoping for a bite. I understand the belts being around and it doesn't really feel overcrowded. Wrestling promotions all seem to love having loads of bloody belts these days. 

I really enjoyed this episode, WarJoe was a daft bit of nothing and I'm begging for something substantial for both but aside from that everything flew by was highly enjoyable.

I liked how the Battle Royale started to make it stand out a little more even if the match itself was pretty generic.

Action Bronson looked like a hoss Wyatt who I'd much rather see on the regular, Starks and Hobbs killed it with a banger, same with Fenix and JB.

Jade is the boss, but I want her beating higher level women. Fuck, a Riho angle with the small fighter never giving up to the giant but ultimately being flattened.

Edited by Merzbow

The comparison of TakeOver/Dynamite and PPV/Rampage has been pretty apt. Rampage Grand Slam was a lot of fun and the wider variety to it. I know people would say the ratings would be awful, but honestly if they could make Rampage 2 hours it'd probably be better all round.

Now's the tricky part for AEW. Their great failing is what's next.

Hobbs & Starks, Sammy & Eddie, House of Black & Sting/Darby has come to an end by the looks of it.

Brian Cage AEW sighting. Scary to think it was under a year ago that he was wrestling Starks in that Street Fight. Feels like years.

Just now, Merzbow said:

He was right to take the title from a battered Omega, it was the perfect story. They just dropped the ball with him because they didn't think of a story past that.

Absolutely. Hangman winning the title from Omega was the fairy tale ending and they nailed it. One of the best booking decisions in AEW history by far.

I like to think it all ended there.

26 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Hang man number 1 contender again how many world title shots has he gotten the last 3 years don't get me wrong he can be a credible world champ sometime down the road but not yet ..and he shouldn't have beaten omega either for the big one

All Out 2019 for the first championship against Jericho.

Full Gear 2021 against Omega.

It maybe felt like more since he was the champion for 6 months.

• Paid Members

Hangman dropped the belt in May and hasn't had a shot since, I don't think him getting a rematch 5 months down the line is overdoing it. 

Really enjoyed this show again. It feels like they've hit the reset button to some extent with feuds being wrapped up hopefully leading to some fresh storylines next week. They should really get behind Jungle Boy and Ricky Starks now, both of those lads are great. Jungle Boy vs Fenix was an absolute cracker.

Ward-Joe winning in about 2 minutes was absolutely perfect too.

What happened to Morrissey during the battle royale? I don't remember him getting eliminated and he was standing around ringside at one point, so I fully expected him to come in at the end and chuck Hangman out. Was he never an official entrant?