AEW Full Gear 2021 (Sat 13th Nov)

tiger_rick

4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I wasn’t aware of the Jay Lethal accusations. What a fucking buzzkill after such a great show. And for Jay Lethal, too! Not that you should ever welcome abusers or ignore accusations, but…for Jay Lethal?! He’s worthless without the baggage. With the baggage it’s absolutely mind blowing to bring him in. What a bad look.

Yeah, it baffling!! I mean, I can see the justification for bringing in a high profile name with sexual assault allegations and cover ups because of the business side, not that I’d condone or support it, but as you say, for Jay Lethal?? Totally negates the shit they said at the beginning about how nice and filled with goodwill they are. 

53 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

It is so disappointing that AEW have brought in Lethal, it seems unless there are convictions then no one cares about speaking out. It has really soured this PPV and the company for me.  

Agree with this. As great as the PPV was, Jay Lethal debuting should absolutely be the only thing people are talking about. It fucking stinks. 

Two things stopped the otherwise-great main event from getting to that top level - the crowd sign and Matt Jackson. I think we all knew it was a foregone conclusion, but the sign signposted (heh) next things and added an unnecessary distraction to the champion, giving him a psychological excuse for the result, and then Matt Jackson's nod unearned and out of nowhere. This match should've been Hangman overcoming ALL the odds against a focused champion. Bucks' interference should've failed. OWA should've failed. Callis' interference should've failed. Matt Jackson's approval means NOTHING. Just Hangman, on his own, beating the best and proving he belongs at the top. Save all the Kota bobbins and Buck soft turns for the next Dynamite. 

Edited by CavemanLynn

Darby and MJF had a great opener, loved the tag match but did anyone else think Dax hit the Three Amigos better than Penta? JR’s “I did it again” after his second Daniel Bryan flub tickled me. 

Falls count anywhere match had me grinning like a looper. Felt sure Christian was going to turn. 

Cody isn’t getting a Cena response as no bugger is cheering him. 

Felt JR was overly snarky in the womens title match to the point where I felt it came across as counterproductive.

Punk and Kingston was great.

As a huge Prince fan loved the symbol and “Purple Rain” chants in the streetfight. Santos was way off for one spot with Jericho.

What a main event.

What a show.

• Paid Members

Imagine being excited to watch the show then your alleged abuser walks out on stage as a surprise debut. Poor lass.

The replies under the Lethal announcement are the usual evidence of why women are afraid to come forward with allegations. 

Screenshot_20211114-214642_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

Eddie Kingston, Kris Statlander, John Silver. Three of the 70,000+ that liked the picture of Jay Lethal there. I'm sure there are others on the roster that I don't follow, mixed in with that lot. I suppose at least a minor positive is that there are several others I follow who haven't thrown it a 'like'. 

I had no idea about the Lethal allegations. I just lost track after the 1,745th person was named. Extremely disappointed to say the least. That refers to what he did and that AEW have allowed him to trade up in jobs despite that. 

Screenshot_20211114-220519.jpg

It's taken me all fucking day to get through the show. Downside to having 3 kids. But actually i think it was probably more enjoyable in chunks as it was bloody long and I would've skipped some stuff if I'd tried it in one sitting.

Way too much to even comment on so I'll just go with:

1. Damn right I fucking cried when Hangman went in for the hug. Decent match followed by a damn beautiful moment.

2. I've already watched Kingston and Punk again today. Fuck me. To think it had such a short build up is absolutely bloody mental. That's how you do a match and make people believe you genuinely hate each other. From the entrances and all throughout the match. Absolutely top fucking class from both men and it deserves to be near the top of any MOTY lists. I know it probably won't be but they did what they set out to do perfectly. And the crowd were excellent too. Sometimes it's a risk having two guys who are really loved because the crowd don't know who to go with. But they played their part and gave it that extra oomph. I'll probably watch it another 10 times this week. Overdelivered in every way and I had high hopes to begin with. If you still don't like Eddie Kingston after that then you're a fucking lunatic.

Oh and JR just randomly shouting BRYAN DANIELSON after he'd fucked it up so many times was another highlight.

Edited by DavidB6937

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Eddie Kingston, Kris Statlander, John Silver. Three of the 70,000+ that liked the picture of Jay Lethal there. I'm sure there are others on the roster that I don't follow, mixed in with that lot. I suppose at least a minor positive is that there are several others I follow who haven't thrown it a 'like'. 

I had no idea about the Lethal allegations. I just lost track after the 1,745th person was named. Extremely disappointed to say the least. That refers to what he did and that AEW have allowed him to trade up in jobs despite that. 

Screenshot_20211114-220519.jpg

What point are you making here though? Most of us were unaware of the allegations until it was discussed here. Do you think they knew that and liked the picture? Or is it that they are doing the team thing of liking company posts?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

What point are you making here though? Most of us were unaware of the allegations until it was discussed here. Do you think they knew that and liked the picture? Or is it that they are doing the team thing of liking company posts?

Most of us on here probably aren't going to know about all the allegations. I think that's fair enough. I'd be very surprised if most people involved in the wrestling business, on the talent level, aren't aware of most of what came out in speaking out/knew of a lot of the gory details before they came out. So either they are towing the company line, which would be one thing. Or they knew and liked it anyway, which is a worse thing. 

If people didn't know about these specific allegations, like a lot of us here, that's fair enough. They are entitled to change their minds after the fact when they learn more details. Which absolutely will have been brought to everyone's attention by now. 

I'm disappointed I'm even talking about this after a show that I enjoyed so much. 

2 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Most of us on here probably aren't going to know about all the allegations. I think that's fair enough. I'd be very surprised if most people involved in the wrestling business, on the talent level, aren't aware of most of what came out in speaking out/knew of a lot of the gory details before they came out. So either they are towing the company line, which would be one thing. Or they knew and liked it anyway, which is a worse thing. 

If people didn't know about these specific allegations, like a lot of us here, that's fair enough. They are entitled to change their minds after the fact when they learn more details. Which absolutely will have been brought to everyone's attention by now. 

I'm disappointed I'm even talking about this after a show that I enjoyed so much. 

What are the gory details?

He was publicly accused in 2018 and went back to work in RoH. He was publicly accused again during SpeakingOut and went back to work in RoH. This hasn't been something new in the wrestling world. While the wrestling committee were happy to blackball Scurll from RoH and then NJPW Strong. Lethal hasn't had the same issue.

56 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Lethal was one of the more high profile names I thought. The whole way ROH covered it up made it well known within Speaking Out. Maybe because I don’t follow wrestling I’m not in wrestling bubbles but even I knew about it. Didn’t have to look up who he was.