AEW Full Gear 2021 (Sat 13th Nov)

tiger_rick

4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Punk's an absolute pro too. For everything Eddie delivered here, the man on the other side of the ring knew exactly what he was doing. He knows how to play a crowd. He knows how to tell a story. I know a fair few people have called his run underwhelming so far, portraying a man who's just 'happy to be there' but that wasn't the man we got at Full Gear. This was a glimpse of the man we hopefully get going forward at some point. For me it's the best version of Punk. Deadly and slightly unhinged with an edge and a cocky streak.

His selling deserves special mention too, I think. It was one of my favourite sell jobs in a long time. The way he toiled on the bottom two ropes really made you feel his weight and made it something more akin to a boxer getting knocked out repeatedly than a wrestling selling some moves.  

23 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Forgot the most stupid thing of the night which was Brock Lesnar Guy pointing to the sky while everyone was chanting Eddie for Kingston. Twat.

I am getting so tired of seeing his and Frank the fucking Clown's gobs on all these shows. I wish they'd fuck off.

6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is she?

Well, if she was Japanese he’d love her. 

Did Billionaire Tone have Jay Lethal as a main man in his efedding days?  Maybe that explains why he brought him in for his real life hobby? 
Also, 

Edited by Keith Houchen

17 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is she? She's incredibly over and certainly the best female character they've got on the roster. Is she as good in-ring? No, but I think shit is pushing it.

She’s the only female character they have, the rest are portrayed as your typical wrestler. 

Like Merzbow said though she’s the head of the division and her in ring work isn’t great at all, Red Velvet is probably the worst worker they have in the division but she isn’t far off.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

She’s the only female character they have, the rest are portrayed as your typical wrestler. 

Between the Alien hanging around with her goofy ass mates, the psychopathic leather wearing bunny boiler, the two sport bad ass and her smarmy agent, the punk who felt she wasn't given a fair shot in other mainstream cultures, the voice of reason in a somewhat charming cult, the cheerleader, the undead zombie hybrid and a native beast who likes to use their power and size to destroy people, this may be one of your worst takes yet.

Yes, the division isn't strong and when your roster is the size of a NFL squad plus it's practice squad you will get some more generic workers, but that's such a dreadful take. It's not as refined as the male roster which probably has even less "characters" in ratio, and maybe it's not as strong as some other women's divisions in the world that have had years to fix their issues and still seem to have some, but there's credit to give them.

From where the division started two years ago to now is lightyears better and fully deserving of a midcard title to go with it.

• Paid Members

Britt’s a victim of her own success. She’s made such insane leaps in confidence, nailing the character and mic work, so much so that they had no real choice but to make her champion. However, with each passing PPV match it’s becoming more obvious that whilst she can have a great match with the right opponent she absolutely cannot carry inexperienced girls to anything more than average.

I just can’t figure out what they’re waiting for in not pairing her back up with Thunder Rosa. They clearly have great chemistry together, Rosa is the really fucking good, seems over with the crowds, they’ve got the storyline reason with Rosa having an, “unsanctioned,” win. I don’t know what the hold up is.

I thought this was a cool pic of Hangman and Omega chatting and presumably putting their match together earlier in the day.

BE8D2480-4D5A-4B6F-8014-84B00A657A90.jpeg.42bc9fde3446f278df73c680a88ab3ba.jpeg

Goes to show how good this Hangman storyline has been; it feels weird seeing and imagining them being mates in real life. In reality of course Hangman probably owes Omega everything until the end of time. Kenny’s done the best job of making someone a superstar since Foley made Triple H and Orton.

• Paid Members

Just finished the show, and can't really add much more on the positive side of things, it was largely very enjoyable and a great finishing stretch to a very good main event. The interaction with The Bucks and that post-match with Dark Order was perfectly executed. Punk/Kingston and MJF/Allin were very good too. Everything was at least passable, and most of it was excellent. 

I am enjoying CM Punk's mid-life crisis when it comes to his gear. Those shorts looked horrendous, but long may his trying new stuff continue. It weirdly fits his AEW character and I'm totally on board. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Goes to show how good this Hangman storyline has been; it feels weird seeing and imagining them being mates in real life. In reality of course Hangman probably owes Omega everything until the end of time. Kenny’s done the best job of making someone a superstar since Foley made Triple H and Orton.

Very much so, and I was thinking the other day just how far Hangman has come. Two years ago when he was leading up to the title match with Jericho, I recall how bland he was and how bland everyone thought he was, to the point that people were saying how he was only in the position he was in due to being mates with The Elite. Look at him now and he is arguably the best babyface of the last 10 (maybe more) years not named Daniel Bryan. 

47 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Yes, the division isn't strong and when your roster is the size of a NFL squad plus it's practice squad you will get some more generic workers, but that's such a dreadful take. It's not as refined as the male roster which probably has even less "characters" in ratio, and maybe it's not as strong as some other women's divisions in the world that have had years to fix their issues and still seem to have some, but there's credit to give them.

Thought I would look at the women's PWI100 from 2018 which came out at the end of October that year. These are the wrestlers that appeared that are still on the current roster:

16. Allie
31. Ruby Soho
55. Santana Garrett
67. Kiera Hogan
68. Leva Bates
71. Britt Baker
84. Brandi Rhodes

Gives you a sense of how much building they've had to do. As a lot of the talent they have now as their main players were flying under the radar or just getting started. Jade Cargill and Anna Jay being two that only debuted once AEW began.

1 hour ago, 69MeDon said:

I am getting so tired of seeing his and Frank the fucking Clown's gobs on all these shows. I wish they'd fuck off.

Couldn’t agree more. Everton guy too.

Brock Lesnar guy is the absolute worst. Not one genuine reaction to anything he’s watching. You can actually see him looking for the camera then breaking out a chant when he realises he’ll be on screen. Everton guy might want to match his t-shirts to his chants occasionally too!

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I am enjoying CM Punk's mid-life crisis when it comes to his gear. Those shorts looked horrendous, but long may his trying new stuff continue. It weirdly fits his AEW character and I'm totally on board. 

I assumed it was a nod to his old gear, playing into Kingstons feelings about how indy Punk treat him.

Only just got round to watching the show this morning.

MJF/Darby was much better than I thought it was going to be but there still a couple of bits that I didn’t like, particularly the double pinfall spot were they were holding each others hands, I’ve always hated that. There was another point where Remsburg was double counting for a small package, how is that even possible? 
Best part of the match was Schiavone getting a dig in at Excalibur for calling the Sharp Shooter. “Or, maybe, THE SCORPION DEATHLOCK!?”, you could practically hear the “for fucks sake” that Tony was obviously thinking.

Falls Count Anywhere just kept going and going and going and going a bit more, could’ve easily chopped 7 or 8 minutes off of it.

Cody did what Cody does which inevitably negatively affected the match that came after it meaning that Baker & Conti struggled to get much of a reaction, not helped by it being a bit of a mess towards the end. 
Tay Conti and Anna Jay are an awful pair of friends, neither of them come out to support the other until it’s too late.

Miro/Bryan was good despite being a bit of a slow starter and Lucha Bros/FTR was alright although I wasn’t keen on the finish.

I enjoy Dan Lambert giving fans shit as much as the next guy, but ATT/Inner Circle has been running on fumes for a while now and I hope that this is the end of it because Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page shouldn't be anywhere near the sub-Main Event on PPV.

Decent match between Hangman and Omega, but I don’t know if it was quite the moment that it should have been. 
There’s a lot of stuff that WWE do that is terrible, but their promo packages tend to do an outstanding job. Had WWE been producing this, that Pre-match video package would’ve been 3 times longer and hit every major plot point. What we got though here (and despite the special bit of entrance for Hangman) just seemed a bit rushed and not the culmination of something that’s had the better part of a full years worth of build. 
I realise I’m probably in the minority in thinking that and I’m not saying that it was a bad or anything like that, but it just didn’t feel like what Hangman’s crowning moment should’ve been

Kingston/Punk was easily the match of the night and proved that less is more. A high intensity 11 minute proper scrap, well done to both of them.

Edited by WyattSheepMask