AEW All Out 2021 - September 5th

Supremo

• Paid Members

Well, it's like playing EWR fifteen years ago as WCW, with the 1996 patch on. With each time you bump the contract up a bit and click creative control, you're always going to get your man. 

I was calling out in my living room for it being Hangman to stop the beat down. Then fucking Adam Cole turned up. However, if Adam Cole has to be there, then as a snivelling little chickenshit heel along with the Elite, you have the absolute best positioning for him.

Danielson coming out and evening things up was marvellous. Perfect timing to not end on more heat. At first I was thinking the faces are still outnumbered here, there's room for Hangman to turn up in a month's time for another save. However when they went back to the shot of The Elite on the stage, The Good Brothers had disappeared and the face off was 4 on 4. If you pair off Danielson & Punk with The Bucks, Jurassic Experience with The Brothers Bad, Cole with Christian. It still leaves room for Hangman to ride in and Buckshot Omega all the way into former champion status. A man can dream. 

A belter of a PPV, that in as many parts as possible, tried to give you the feel good ending. Bloody well glad I was on the 12-8 shift today and got to see this before work. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

The Good Brothers had disappeared

If only.

They're the only part of the act not working for me and there are other parts of the team doing what they do, but better.

Callis is dressed like a dickhead better than them and The Bucks and both funnier and dressed like dickheads better than them. 

Along with Karl Anderson being a fucking moron, get rid as soon as possible. 

Fucking danglies.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Nick James said:

If only.

They're the only part of the act not working for me and there are other parts of the team doing what they do, but better.

Callis is dressed like a dickhead better than them and The Bucks and both funnier and dressed like dickheads better than them. 

Fucking danglies.

They're the only extra wheels in the pack now - you have the manager, the prime talent and the sycophants; the Choad Warriors here are too big to be lackeys and too bland to be prime talent. They'd be better suited to a pan-Fed deal if they do the same schtick wtih Don in Impact (which is still viable as the Christian feud is still active while he's champ)

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Nick James said:

If only.

Fucking danglies.

Nail on the head there. They don't do anything for me at all, and never have. I'm fine with them serving as a step up above the Nakazawa/Cutler level, to get some shine on. They're not up to anything more than that though.

That the pair of them bluffed their way into being part of a bidding war and  snagged massive contracts in WWE, before getting fired and getting what I assume are also pretty damn decent deals with two or three companies currently? That kind of hoodwinking is to be commended, really. 

I'm happy enough to watch them against Jungle Boy and Co for the time being (since they aren't going anywhere). That's providing Jungle Jack always wins of course. 

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

If that show doesn't get WWE to do anything different then I have to hold my hands up and believe nothing ever will.

Nothing ever will. I don't believe anyone in the WWE knows how to book a wrestling show any more. Even if they did, they'd still put out the same mince.

My ex, who has never watched anything other than WWE, texted me first thing this morning to ask how she can watch AEW. So it is attracting 'casual' fans which is mad.

Personally I fast forwarded Paul Wight and bits of the Jericho match (I have to go and play football otherwise I would've watched them) but that was an incredible PPV.

That tag match was one of the best matches I've watched in the last 5 years or so, and Punk was brilliant. Such a fit bastard. 

Him and Bryan were why I got back into wrestling after a lapse, so I'm bang into all this. Extremely good shit.

• Paid Members

I think The Good Brothers have long overtaken the likes of Albert as the “they were good in Japan” trope. They’ve been fucking crap everywhere they’ve been. Gallows peaked as Festus and Karl Anderson hasn’t ever impressed.

6 hours ago, Nick James said:

Punk has said that he believes that Himself, Danielson and Cole coming in to AEW is bigger than Hogan, Hall and Nash, which whilst it is a huge coup for AEW, I think it's too early to tell.

I don’t think it’s too early to tell, we know already Punk is talking bollocks. 

Punk in the crap tights was an odd choice on his part, but match was better than I expected. Delighted Bryan is there too, don't give a shite about Cole in all honesty and him debuting directly before Bryan and diminishing his pop was a bit annoying. Could've debuted Cole on Dynamite/Rampage and it would've felt bigger and more unexpected and not took anything from Bryan's arrival.

Still, very good show and AEW definitely have serious momentum now. Interesting to see how mad Vince reacts.

• Paid Members

I also got "that" feeling that I've only had a handful of times over the years when the ref came out to change the MJF/Jericho finish. No idea why as I wasn't thrilled with the match or either participant but I got off the chair and was like "YEEEEES!"  Could feel the energy in the arena and it was another feel good moment, dead simple booking. Brilliant.