AEW All Out 2021 - September 5th

Supremo

32 minutes ago, LCJ said:

He’s the second coming of Roddy Piper in terms of mic skills and playing the heel role. Super talented. I’d say he’s better in the ring than Piper was though. He’s brilliant.

No danger is he better in ring than Piper. In ring is his massive weakness for the position he is put in, and for some reason isn’t getting singles matches to better himself. That was his 19th singles match in aew. Should be at least double that given his relative inexperience compared to others. 

10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

MJF bores me to tears, Miz lite. Is this an unpopular opinion? Do most people like him? 

I'm sure I'll be in the minority here but been called MIZ lite is a complement in my world. Although I don't agree, I think he has a long way to go to be miz lite, especially on his social media which is just cringey trying too hard to be a heel. In ring wise he's great at old school heat and telling a story and his promos are top notch. I also don't consider what happened Sunday to be him 'jobbing' and can't see any downside other than adding to his character going forward.  BTW I can see that the quoted comment is showing SuperBacon and not the OP but I don't know how I did it or how to fix it 🤣

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Started a new job Monday so no chance of watching live but it was good to be excited all day about watching, keeping spoiler free, and then not being disappointed that it was worth the wsit 👍

2 hours ago, LCJ said:

Why do they care that much though? It’s just pro wrestling. Going by that logic, AEW probably shouldn’t have bothered with the retirement stipulation and still have MJF go over. Jericho has had his thirty years in the spotlight and should step aside by doing jobs for younger talent.

MJF has beaten Jericho three times already, the only reason he'd face Jericho again is because Jericho was prepared to put his retirement on the line - that's why they bothered with it.

As for Jericho doing jobs, as pointed out he's lost three times to MJF. Also the gloss of beating Jericho started to wane while he was in WWE because he was putting over almost every younger talent. Beating somebody only means something if they're worth beating, therefore Jericho still needs to have his arm raised from time to time to make beating him actually mean something.

The was such a great show from start to finish. Anyone claiming it is average or trying to pick holes in it is going to find fault in everything and should probably not watch it going forward. 

I was absolutely furious with AEW for putting Adam Page on ice and then having Christian (and I love him) in the main event of a PPV in a match we already saw 3 weeks ago, I couldn't quite fathom it. I could understand WWE doing it as they have a PPV every month but when they only have 4 PPVs a year I couldn't believe they wasted it on a match with zero build up. A bit like they did at the last PPV with Pac and Orange Cassidy in a triple threat with zero build up.

After what went down, I totally get it now, it was perfectly executed.

46 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Anyone claiming it is average or trying to pick holes in it is going to find fault in everything and should probably not watch it going forward. 

Agreed. I mean, it’s not like anyone on here does that for RAW for the last few years and still watches it. I’m sure they’ll give up AEW just as easy

I like MJFs work but there is a decidedly man-above-his-station vibe to it. I hope I'm wrong but honestly, I have a strong suspicion that being Jericho's foil will be the height of his career. He'll settle into AEWs lower mid card by years end and will in all likelihood stay there, unless he bunks out of the place and gets a main event indies run as 'The Prick' or something. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, LCJ said:

Why do they care that much though? It’s just pro wrestling. Going by that logic, AEW probably shouldn’t have bothered with the retirement stipulation and still have MJF go over. Jericho has had his thirty years in the spotlight and should step aside by doing jobs for younger talent.

After reading your opinions on the PPV and this, I assume you don’t watch their TV? Because Jericho has been putting over MJF, this was his first win over him, MJF beat him 3 times. Unlike WWE where most of the storylines don’t matter now days or get dropped before a PPV, with AEW it actually pays off if you’ve been paying attention.

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

After reading your opinions on the PPV and this, I assume you don’t watch their TV? Because Jericho has been putting over MJF, this was his first win over him, MJF beat him 3 times. Unlike WWE where most of the storylines don’t matter now days or get dropped before a PPV, with AEW it actually pays off if you’ve been paying attention.

I sometimes watch their TV but not every week no. A 50 year old out of shape Chris Jericho going over rising star MJF on pay per view (“winning the big one”) doesn’t strike me as being right. But at least Jericho won’t be a full time commentator yelling at the top of his lungs in an annoying way so it’s not all bad.

2 hours ago, LCJ said:

I sometimes watch their TV but not every week no. A 50 year old out of shape Chris Jericho going over rising star MJF on pay per view (“winning the big one”) doesn’t strike me as being right. But at least Jericho won’t be a full time commentator yelling at the top of his lungs in an annoying way so it’s not all bad.

It wasn't "winning the big one". It was presented as a last ditch attempt to save his career against the cocky, young upstart who had his number everytime they fought. Who had also been making him jump through hoops, fighting a gaunlet of other guys just to even get that last match.

I'm more worried where the rest of the Inner Circle go whilst Fozzy are on tour than MJF. I'm sure he will be fine and move into another big feud. The Inner Circle guys without Jericho with all these new guys coming in. Will be tough for them after being a highlight of AEW.

47 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It really makes me sad to see people talking about The Young Bucks as one of the greatest tag teams of all time, or THE greatest. Each to their own but christ almighty.

100%. Their greatest matches have always been the ones where it is four blokes taking it in turn doing cool spots, that Revolution match against Omega & Hangman last year being a prime example.

To me, tag team wrestling is a proper art form, separate from what makes a great singles match.

You have opportunity to do the anticipation of a hot tag, distracting the ref to hinder the opponents tag or do a double team move behind his back, and so on.

Bucks don’t do that, they just have Rick Knox stand in the corner out of the way and keep doing spots.

They have said in many interviews that the Hardyz were their favourite team growing up. Another team whose greatest matches didn’t even include any Tags. Ladder matches, cage matches, etc.

Everything they do is always done really well, but the style isn’t for me.