AEW All Out 2021 - September 5th

Supremo

Looking forward to Dynamite more than I ever was this PPV now, too. That's a proper "When you're hot" trope. There's just so many moving parts now and we need to see where they're going to all go. The end of that show felt like a proper war cry start of an era. More so than the Punk debut even, I thought. I'm still getting used to the idea that there's a big time North American wrestling promoter in 2021 who actually knows what he's doing and is firing on all cylinders. No amount of superlatives can oversell how mad that is, considering the defining narrative since 2002 has largely been "We're massive into this thing, but accept that it's basically shit now".

9 minutes ago, dopper said:

or me, all Young Bucks matches can be summed up the same:

Flawlessly executed throughout, some creative & insane spots, but I will remember nothing about it in a month’s time.

Meltzer gave their ladder match at All Out 2019 5.25 stars and I literally only remember the Canadian destroyer through the table spot.

I agree with you, and yeah it will have to be revisited in my memory, or lack thereof, in a month or so. But watching it was just incredible fun.

• Paid Members

I've been watching fan footage all morning, which is not usually my thing, but some of the videos have been great. It did seem like the pop was louder for Cole than Danielson though, whether that was the case or not. 

Punk has said that he believes that Himself, Danielson and Cole coming in to AEW is bigger than Hogan, Hall and Nash, which whilst it is a huge coup for AEW, I think it's too early to tell. If AEW went on to dominate WWE in the ratings (Raw and Smackdown, not just NXT) then I think its potentially a fair call. 

6 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I've been watching fan footage all morning, which is not usually my thing, but some of the videos have been great. It did seem like the pop was louder for Cole than Danielson though, whether that was the case or not. 

Punk has said that he believes that Himself, Danielson and Cole coming in to AEW is bigger than Hogan, Hall and Nash, which whilst it is a huge coup for AEW, I think it's too early to tell. If AEW went on to dominate WWE in the ratings (Raw and Smackdown, not just NXT) then I think its potentially a fair call. 

It was great and everything, would it have been the worst idea to hold back Danielson until the upcoming stadium show in NYC .

It’s in less than 3 weeks.

12 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

I think he been like this since he's been back.

Being a new father is not easy.

Mox looks fucking nails at the moment.

He seemed to lose a bit of muscle around the Death Match, which I put down to him winding down for a stint at fatherhood. In recent weeks though, he's clearly thought "fuck it" and got on the beers and crap food, and looks tremendous. Just a puffed up, angry, sleep-deprived bear stomping around the place. Them lariats have now got some proper meat behind them. Dad Mox is best Mox.

Edited by CavemanLynn

12 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

It was great and everything, would it have been the worst idea to hold back Danielson until the upcoming stadium show in NYC .

It’s in less than 3 weeks.

They are under threat due to Covid, was the original plan 

I'd never seen Suzuki before but the crowd loved him so it came across as a big moment. 

Statlander frightens the life out of me in that I can see her badly injuring someone before long.

Fenix is unreal. Insane tag match; I thought Bucks might retain for them to drop it to Punk and Danielson in future.

Why was MJF dressed like Emi Sakuro?

What an ending to the PPV. Wow.

That show felt red hot crowd all the way through. A couple of minor niggles but an amazing PPV that compared that to Summerslam felt a million times better

That ending though delivered perfectly didnt it. The cage match was insane, Miro Kingston was a nice hard hitting opener and the main event delivered.

WWE either need to reinvent their wheel completely if they want to compete or become the complete alternative to AEW. The products can't compete on quality weekly nor PPV. I'm hoping so many more eyeballs on this PPV in particular will keep that momentum going

Edited by 2Xtreme_lives