AEW All Out 2021 - September 5th

Supremo

• Paid Members

I predict an end to the WWE brand split in the near future.

To be fair, regardless of what you think of the people involved, that was an absolutely fantastic end to a PPV. The tide is definitely turning, it'll be interesting to see how the competition react (not at all I presume, other than what I mentioned above).Ā 

You have to feel for some of the home grown talent who've propped the company up throughout the pandemic with each debut, but you can't turn down things like this. You also have to think how long AEW can keep up with the expectation of a huge surprise at each big show, you know what us fans are like, we always want more.Ā 

The best thing WWE can do, is not poach AEW talent, but poach their writers / agents (ironic that most were already in WWE previously).Ā 

Edited by Nick James

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

I predict an end to the WWE brand split in the near future.

To be fair, regardless of what you think of the people involved, that was an absolutely fantastic end to a PPV. The tide is definitely turning, it'll be interesting to see how the competition react (not at all I presume, other than what I mentioned above).Ā 

You have to feel for some of the home grown talent who've propped the company up throughout the pandemic with each debut, but you can't turn down things like this. You also have to think how long AEW can keep up with the expectation of a huge surprise at each big show, you know what us fans are like, we always want more.Ā 

The best thing WWE can do, is not poach AEW talent, but poach their writers / agents (ironic that most were already in WWE previously).Ā 

Remember the last time they reacted? Retribution and Undergroundā€¦

Edited by Mr Kennedy

• Paid Members

Vince can laugh AEW off all he likes, but that was fantastic. There was so much hype going in that it was almost bound to fall flat, however it never did i was taken it from start to finish.

Dynamite cant come quick enough, when was the last time i had a vested interest in the whole roster? 1998?Ā 

*edit* then i just remembered Hangman wasnt even on the show.....

Covid needs to fuck off so they can run a UK show

Edited by quote the raven

Ā 

17 hours ago, Chili said:

I agree with @RedRooster about not feeling this card a bit as we all got a bit flight of fancy, but their Countdown video has sold me hard. There's also CM Punk telling an outstanding story about Eddie Guerrero.Ā 

Firstly, I genuinely appreciate you flagging this, I don't think I'd have watched it otherwise (I didn't even know they'd posted it on YouTube), so thanks @ChiliĀ - I watched it ahead of the PPV, and it definitely left me looking forward to it.Ā 

What a brilliant show. I absolutely love the fact they debuted Cole and Danielson in quick succession, if that's not a statement of intent, I don't know what is. And heck, who'd have thought Punk's return to the ring would be overshadowed to this degree?

The Lucha Bros/Bucks match was outstanding, and I was really surprised at the result. It was great to see the Lucha Bros have that moment, but I'm sad to see The Bucks' title reign come to an end, it feels like there was a lot more for them to do as champions.Ā 

Punk looked decent, but the match was hurt for me by the fact I really didn't care who won. If he was facing someone like MJF, it would have felt electric.Ā 

And speaking of MJF, they had me suckered into believing Jericho really was going to retire, so even though it wasn't the best match on the card, I felt really invested in it. I look forward to seeing what both men do next.Ā 

Kingston/Miro was also a thrill-ride. I don't want to see Miro lose the belt any time soon, but I wonder if Kingston is primed to win the TNT Championship at the Arthur Ashe show?Ā 

3 hours ago, Nick James said:

I don't think they have any writers, do they?

Biggest feeling I got from that show was that guys moving from wwe to aew is exciting. I canā€™t think of anyone moving the other way that would make people pay attention as they know what they are gonna end up doing as soon as they doĀ 

Right I watched the first couple of AEW shows and thought they were crap because there was too much spoof in-joke nudge nudge comedy wrestling and angles. Loads of other folk enjoyed it though so well done fair enough.Ā 

From the outside in it looks better now, would I enjoy it or is it much the same as it was at the start, which you may enjoy but I thought was shite.Ā 

• Paid Members

If anyone hasn't seen Bryans promo after the show, search it and watch it. It's a breathe of fresh air and actually does more for AEW than any anti-WWE promo has done. He puts over how much he loved working for WWE and how much he cared about the place etc, but STILL wanted to come to AEW due to the current talent there and wanting to be a part of it.

THAT puts AEW over huge as the place to be. Rather than the age old 'WWE BAD' shtick that every seems to do.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Louch said:

Hard to do the ā€œI wanted to leave to come hereā€ promo when most others have been publicly fired. Heā€™s in the position to do that as he left themĀ 

How so? He still opted not to remain when his contract ended. Just because he wasn't fired, doesn't mean he couldn't have done the tired old trope.Ā 

1 minute ago, Nick James said:

How so? He still opted not to remain when his contract ended. Just because he wasn't fired, doesn't mean he couldn't have done the tired old trope.Ā 

Iā€™m saying he can do that as he decided to leave. Those that where forced out CantĀ