AEW All Out 2021 - September 5th

Supremo

25 minutes ago, Nick James said:

If anyone hasn't seen Bryans promo after the show, search it and watch it. It's a breathe of fresh air and actually does more for AEW than any anti-WWE promo has done. He puts over how much he loved working for WWE and how much he cared about the place etc, but STILL wanted to come to AEW due to the current talent there and wanting to be a part of it.

THAT puts AEW over huge as the place to be. Rather than the age old 'WWE BAD' shtick that every seems to do. 

EDIT: Here's the video.

I think you linked the wrong vid. Here's the full length fan cam I found.

• Paid Members

Overall pretty good show in my opinion, nothing stand out or spectacular. Once Adam Cole came out I did wonder if they'd debut Danielson as well (for some reason I had the Taker/HHH returns in my head) and was pleased when they did it. 

I cannot help wondering where this leaves Hangman Page though. He now seems further away from the title than ever although I am hoping they go with Punk/Danielson vs The Young Bucks and somehow circle back to Page being the one to end Omega's reign. 

The other takeaway for me was just how easy it is to watch AEW, I haven't yet approached a show with dread or really knowing what's going to happen...CM Punk aside...but even that still had a tiny bit of doubt. 

All good 😁

As someone who has virtually no knowledge of Japanese wrestling, Minoru Suzuki instantly became one of the coolest motherfuckers ever when he walked out with that psycho grin and had JR - he's still got it in him - quite successfully convince me instantly that he's one of the most deranged men on the planet. 

I hate people putting spoilers as much as the next person but if you want don't want spoilers maybe don't read the thread about the show the day after? Like if somebody puts it on facebook that's a douche move (Game of thrones was a nightmare for that for me) but a thread dedicated to the show the day after is seriously a dumb move if you want to avoid spoilers?

19 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

NOTE: I'd've put that in spoilers, but others have already mentioned Danielson and Cole, and I've tried every tag I know and nothing's worked. If someone can remind me how to spoiler tag, or add this and any other useful code in the FAQ, that'd be great. Also, if this is a spoiler, please mod this post accordingly.

Surely spoiler tags are completely unnecessary for a thread about the PPV? If you're posting in the Dynamite or Rampage thread fair enough, but what is thread for if not to discuss the show?

Suzuki is one of those names I've known about for years but never actually seen him wrestle. I'm already fully invested. That line from JR about breakfast sealed it, guy looks like a brilliant nutter.

Actually shouted "fuuuuucking hell" out loud at that knee from Danielsen to Nick Jackson. Looked like he'd shot the poor fucker.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

As someone who has virtually no knowledge of Japanese wrestling, Minoru Suzuki instantly became one of the coolest motherfuckers ever when he walked out with that psycho grin and had JR - he's still got it in him - quite successfully convince me instantly that he's one of the most deranged men on the planet. 

Likewise i had no idea who he was, JR doing a great job. Mox selling like a boss was super effective. 

9 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Is that in the top 5 cage matches of all time?

For me, all Young Bucks matches can be summed up the same:

Flawlessly executed throughout, some creative & insane spots, but I will remember nothing about it in a month’s time.

Meltzer gave their ladder match at All Out 2019 5.25 stars and I literally only remember the Canadian destroyer through the table spot.

Haven't watched the matches yet but it's going to take me all week to catch up so had a look earlier.  It certainly does make a statement that the 2 big WWE debuts are people who left by choice to come to AEW and not because they were fired. Definitely a good choice to have Cole fit into the Elite and adds a non tag team guy into the fold that can feud with someone on the side of Kenny. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see The Bucks win the titles back in a few weeks to line themselves up to perhaps face Bryan/ Punk and then eventually drop them to Jurassic Express early next year or I would expect Bryan to be Omega's next opponent if they have someone else in mind for Punk, hopefully they then bring Page back into the fold to begin the battle of the Adams as a gateway to Hangman Omega. There's so many directions they can take right now to get to where I expect they are going.