• Paid Members

The earliest of days but I'm feeling happily justified in putting 10 euros on Italy to win the thing. A delight to watch and a far cry from the ultra-defensive stereotypical Italy of old. Missing out on the last World Cup clearly stoked quite the flame. Absolutely loved Chiellini's reaction to making that block deep into injury time. What a man. 

Watching on iPlayer via VPN and the bastards erupting into cheers on the street whenever Italy scored a good 2 minutes ahead of my stream was rather inconsiderate though. For shame!

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Either that or Turkey are a bit more shite than they let on.

Bit of both, but Italy were very tidy on the ball. Turkey were sticking 2-3 players on Barella at a time and he still had a decent game. If he has more time on the ball he can carve some of these defences open this tournament. 

They played a very high line though, you have to wonder how Chiellini and Bonucci will cope against lightning quick counter attacks playing this way.

Nice to see Berardi on the big stage, he's been destined for the Italian side since forever. His decision making was pretty poor tonight though, but worked hard.

8 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Watching on iPlayer via VPN and the bastards erupting into cheers on the street whenever Italy scored a good 2 minutes ahead of my stream was rather inconsiderate though. For shame!

It was well behind on my TV, so I switched to my phone and casted it on to the TV and it was spot on.

What a farce.

Italy are tidy, effective and functional. Boring (to me anyway) but it will work.

I wasn't wowed with Barella, I must've been watching a different game to everyone else. They lack a bit of real flair I reckon.

Wales should really fancy themselves against Turkey. They had absolutely no plan, apart from hopelessly hit it long. It was like watching *****

How they took 4 points off France in qualification I will never know.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Chris Sutton MOTM. He went full Partridge on the 5 Live comms. Going to be the superstar of the tournament. 

What sort of freak would chose to listen to him? Jenas was deathly dull as usual on BBC  but I'd rather burst my eardrums than listen to Sutton 

1 minute ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

What sort of freak would chose to listen to him? Jenas was deathly dull as usual on BBC  but I'd rather burst my eardrums than listen to Sutton 

Who you calling a freak, weirdo? 

I would usually agree with you, but as that feed was ahead of the other one I went with it, and he delivered.

From referring to Turkey as a "wall of meat" to asking "ligue deux....is that league two?" to "one swallow doesnt make a summer...what's that in Italian?" he gave a truly Partridge esque performance, whilst Jenas was probably spouting cliches and hot takes. 

Sutton topped it all off with "Turkey is known for oil wrestling, but it is Italy who are slippery tonight" 

Five stars.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

Apologies for live posting, but why have they not cut the feed to the match, this is fucking horrible to watch. 

agreed. The worst bit was the fact they cut to the CPR at least TWICE. What is the benefit for anyone to see this?