Championship Xtreme Wrestling is Here! Launch event inside with 1500 fans.

CXwrestling

• Paid Members

Ask yourself if this other promotion are running their own events, or have an event planned for as early as June. If the answer is “no”, now ask yourself why they would help someone who doesn’t know the first thing about wrestling and seems to have money in the bank, whilst not being confident enough to run events themselves at the moment…

You’re a walking dollar sign, mate. Being a sole provider for you and a sick partner is not the time to start chasing passion projects. Especially a venture as financial risky as professional wrestling before a global pandemic that is still very much happening a year on. So much money has been lost by people thinking, “It’s just a bit of marketing, innit?”

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

This guy clearly isn't listening to any advice from anyone on here, so stop offering it because it is boring. 

You will know who the promotion is when they announce the names. 

Let him run his show how he sees fit, and let him deal with the outcome whether it is good or bad. 

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

This guy clearly isn't listening to any advice from anyone on here, so stop offering it because it is boring. 

You will know who the promotion is when they announce the names. 

Let him run his show how he sees fit, and let him deal with the outcome whether it is good or bad. 

Thanks . 

I am listening and understand peoples concerns and negativity. 

it’s a big project and could fall flat on its face but we can all but try. Doubt killed more dreams than failure as they say. 

we have a great outside event booked with potential of many people, we need to sell quite a lot of tickets for it too work but I have experience is organising and selling a few successful festivals in the past. 

the wrestling side is all new to me but that’s why I have some experienced wrestlers and promoter to help me along the way. 

all I ask is, if you are interested and love wrestling please come along, i understand people’s concerns or thinking I am a Barry big bollox but we are being very careful in terms of what and how we are doing things in terms of the wrestling show. I have chosen performers ive seen wrestle together in the past and have great chemistry as I need you guys to want to come back to show 2.

I am taking everything on board and understand most independent shows are lucky to have 75-100 paying guests. We have got our license to allow us to sell face to face and door to door moving forward which is something that no one else does, we are going to be offering or music or activities alongside the wrestling on the night to welcome new or old school fans back to wrestling. 

I was expecting a lot of bad press or sceptical people as it’s very easy to set up a promotion and book a card. The hard bit is putting a successful and busy show to use as a platform moving forward. My aim is to build relationships and trust with wrestlers but my main aim to get the respect from current fans to want to come again and again. 

I made the mistake saying ‘1500’ fans but the site and car park allows this as it’s outside, I am hoping for 500 paying guests. We will then move to an indoor venue later in the year as the covid rules are far less relaxed until 21st June. Our door events are in may so we have bought ourselves 5 weeks . It is a risk but I do believe it will pay off as I’m sure you’re all hungry to be part of a passionate wrestling crowd again. 

many people will say it will fail etc just like my two previous roles but hard work and determination does pay off . I am a sponge of knowledge and taking all points on board. 
just hope we can prove to you in time what CXW will all about. 

thanks for reading all this waffle

adam

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, CXwrestling said:

Good luck to you, and I really hope you make a go of it. I must admit that I'm sceptical, just because of the difficulty of breaking into the business and making a go of it long term. Many, many have tried and failed! Hopefully you are one of the few that manage it.

I would say though, people on here(many of whom are your target audience) are asking for the promotion who's show you have purchased for the event for a reason. There are a good few decent set ups out there that can make a good show(and thus make it value for the customers money). There are also many that will phone it in and take your money, which will leave a bad taste in the fans mouths. then there are a few that are under the black cloud of the #metoo scandal that hit wrestling not too long ago. By not saying who they are, it making it seem you are hiding something, which can kill your promotion before you have even opened your doors.

But as I say, good luck. The world is in the shitter, and many of us will be looking for a release...

Edited by Cod Eye

Hi . Sorry meant , my last two shops were a success and one was from scratch. 

I am using OUTCAST PRO WRESTLING and Matt jackson has been a great help and has the same passion I have. They have been putting on shows for a few years and more importantly have a very loyal fan base as they make sure the fans go home happy. 

we also have , like I said some great experience from other promotions to help us add to the show, 

I’m not trying to hide anything, just going to reveal the wrestlers one by one over social media but get why you guys want to know. 

I do really need you’re support guys as although my target market is the local towns and cities , I would love for the British wrestling fans to come along to our first show. 

I can see why so many would have failed, the stage or PA costs are extremely expensive so we had to be really careful as some quotes were triple what I have got in the first instance. 

I am even offering 2 free beers when you arrive in a CXW T-shirt which are coming soon. 

I don’t know how to paste an image so T-shirt image is latest post on our fans page which is very small as it’s a week old so please join us if you don’t mind . I want some good banter in their if we can and you guys are bringing that in here . 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/169118041420259/?ref=share

Championship Xtreme Wrestling Facebook Page for updates, please follow or like us

check out outcast And see what you think , ive spoke to a few of the guys and they are really passionate And over half the roster have been wrestling for 5 years or more. 

the rest will be used in our battle royal to the no 1 contender for our heavyweight championship. 

we will announcing some talent over the next few weeks as discussed. 

hope I’m not drumming on but more importantly I am trying to get you guys to come along and help us not be like the other promotions that have been one hit wonders as I’ll have to turn it into a payable dogging site to cater to all the nonces!! 

Adam . 

2 hours ago, CXwrestling said:

the wrestling side is all new to me but that’s why I have some experienced wrestlers and promoter to help me along the way. 

Who will no doubt be booking their mates for a payday, and will probably stop picking up the phone afterwards.

To amplify what some other people have said. I very much doubt you will get 1,500, or even 750, paying fans to attend. There's established promotions up and down the country that don't do those kind of numbers, what makes you think you can do any better with your first show?

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m no marketing guru but I hope the action takes place in a Cumberland Ring. 

Haha . I love it , that’s a guru line right there!!

53 minutes ago, Tamura said:

Who will no doubt be booking their mates for a payday, and will probably stop picking up the phone afterwards.

To amplify what some other people have said. I very much doubt you will get 1,500, or even 750, paying fans to attend. There's established promotions up and down the country that don't do those kind of numbers, what makes you think you can do any better with your first show?

we are face 2 face selling and door 2 door sales full time which no other promotion has done. 

we have a marketing company who will knock on doors, I will also be selling in retail complexes with a former employer across 3 superstores in the town. 

I have also worked door 2 door sales for 4 years with great success selling medical insurance, phone contracts, tea towels , you name it I’ve done it . I can capture people imagination, use my passion and we will try and offer other entertainment on each show to keep everyone in the family happy . 

we will use world of sport glory days and hulk hogan golden era as a great sales pitch as many remember it so fondly and a family ticket is £30 (parking at this site is normally £3 for an hour alone) of 4 and beers from £2 etc . 

we are also using my best friend who has cooked so many sausages/burgers at festivals and will make sure they mega value so we will push the value we will provide and get newcomers coming to the show . 

I would just love existing fan base to come, we are only using experienced and trained athletes who have wrestled all over the country and beyond to cater for the wrestling fan , we don’t want a half arsed show for the kids , we want drama, high flying moves and a story throughout  each match. 

we are going to push this from town to town as we said , we are going to be reaching that public and unearthed ‘casual fan’ and some that haven’t seen it since the 80s . 

big Ask and won’t be easy , so I’m hoping some of you can come from this forum as it’s great and very active having spent a few weeks looking at previous posts. 

I get you're skeptical, let’s give us a chance. 

adam @ CXWrestling