Championship Xtreme Wrestling is Here! Launch event inside with 1500 fans.

CXwrestling

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, CXwrestling said:

Okay, we was going to have some live music and one act was going to be a Michael jackson impersonator. I’ll have to rethink now. 

He’ll fit right in to the BritWres scene. I’m sure one of the wrestlers has that statue of him that was outside Fulham’s ground. 

4 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

If you're stuck now without live music, I can put you in touch with a mate of mine that organises bands for large events.

We are trying to talk to some bands etc but would love to talk to him BUT with a user name like that , these guys will have a field day. 

whatsup with all this nonce chat? I’m nervous now. 

just trying to create a proper night out for you all ....... with sausage I ageee but no dogging or pedos allowed. 
sorry guys . 

5 minutes ago, CXwrestling said:

Check out the “Wrestling #Speakingout #MeToo” thread. If it’s live music you’re after, would metal karaoke be any good to you?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, CXwrestling said:

We are trying to talk to some bands etc but would love to talk to him BUT with a user name like that , these guys will have a field day. 

just trying to create a proper night out for you all ....... with sausage I ageee but no dogging or pedos allowed. 
sorry guys . 

Erm.....yeah....my username. Basically I lost a game of username Russian Roulette and got stuck with this. Prior to that, I'd lost a game of username Russian Roulette and was Kay Burley Upskirt. These things happen.

6 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I don’t wish to pour cold waster on your parade, you seem very committed to this, but in the past three pages you’ve proven beyond any doubt that you don’t have the first clue in what you’re doing organising an event of any scale, let alone one for 1,500 people in an industry you’ve openly acknowledged to know nothing about.

From one human to another, please, please, quit now and focus on the health, financial security and well-being of your family. Take it from someone who has seen similar ventures lose thousands and thousands of pounds, all due to the same mistakes you’re making in public right here now. Add to the fact we’re still in a lockdown and in the midst of a global pandemic, it actually makes me feel a bit sick knowing the journey you’re on. Stop, now.

Every time you post and have to rely on saying things like “it should be...”, or “hopefully....” stop, think and realise whether this level of uncertainty and likely failure is worth keeping the dream alive. As many have realised before you, it simply isn’t and the likely aftereffects aren’t just disappointing, they’re fundamentally life changing.

I wish I’d have been able to convince the poor chap who had similar dreams back in 2001 in Harlow. He was aiming for 750 fans and had a card stacked higher than any show I’d seen in years. He promoted the show well, had loads of “interest” and ended up putting on a show to 16 paying fans. I was one of the more kinder folk trying to calm him down as he broke into tears, whilst many of the wrestlers were lining up to get their money that he clearly didn’t have to give them.

It’s great to dream, and I would never want to crush anyone’s dreams, but there comes a time when you feel a need to do the right thing and tell someone to stop.

Hi . 
thanks for your input. 
The area is okay for for up to 1500 fans, I have an extensive background in sales and marketing and will be using this to sell tickets face 2 face, town 2 town. 

we are using a current promotion to host the show plus 12 experienced wrestlers and will be working closely over the next few months to put on a show good enough for you to come back in September.  

the event is almost organised in terms of costs, insurances and polices. (Covid testing maybe required which is why the individual tickets are not up for sale just yet) 

we have taken a step back with the football now not being shown after event so we are finding an alternative entertainment to make sure the whole family enjoys the night out. 
(Live music) 

we will have sausage for everyone involved and some hot and sweaty grapple for all.  

please don’t worry about my finances but there will be 250 friends and family  coming alone, we also have 12 group bookings through work doos  too before we even have tickets on sale at individual prices. 

I don’t expect 1500 fans but wanted someone to actually look at my post, we would be happy with 500 but am aiming for 1000 as we are nearly at the target. 

if 16 do turn up? Well we have so much sausage , no one will leave alive. 

Individual tickets on sale soon and hope you can make it , just don’t bring any cold water as we will have beer and cider available! 

the real test tho, will be the second show when family and friends don’t like wrestling so will be scaling down but promoting earlier and expanding our sales area around the second city. 

Adam @cxwrestling 

2 hours ago, CXwrestling said:

please don’t worry about my finances but there will be 250 friends and family  coming alone, we also have 12 group bookings through work doos  too before we even have tickets on sale at individual prices. 

You don’t have 250 people until they actually buy a ticket. Of course friends and family are going to say they’ll come, but how many of them will drop out at the last minute? Probably a large percentage. 

Who is the promotion you’re working with?