The Lowest of the Low

Devon Malcolm

4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

probably because of the lack of actual raw meat in them. Isn't it like 70% rusk or something?

Anyway, my mate sent me this abomination last night. His new trick is to crack a raw egg in his beans so they cook together. He then stuck a tin of mackerel on top of it. He's a scouser.

abomination.jpg

I hope you've reported this chap for war crimes?

4 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Maybe it's an older generation thing. My Nana used to burn toast black as a crisp, let it go cold and then eat it with butter. My Gran used to eat raw sausages but stopped when she got diabetes.

A lad I used to work with had a favourite snack of a share bag of Wotsits and a packet of raw bacon. He was a strange lad with many "quirks".

Also:

5 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

probably because of the lack of actual raw meat in them. Isn't it like 70% rusk or something?

Anyway, my mate sent me this abomination last night. His new trick is to crack a raw egg in his beans so they cook together. He then stuck a tin of mackerel on top of it. He's a scouser.

abomination.jpg

Fucking hell! The fucker looks like it's mutating.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

abomination.jpg

Protein and fibre. It's a body builder's wet dream. Rich in omega 3 oils as well, no doubt. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, ElCece said:

Vanilla ice cream and salt and vinegar crisps is a snack of my wife's. She claimed it was purely a pregnancy craving but I've seen her at it a couple of times outwith as well. Dirty midden.

My wife (who doesn’t like mushrooms) has Chicken and Mushroom Pasta n Sauce with a side of tinned tuna swimming in vinegar.

• Paid Members

Worst part is all the "social media gurus" banging on about how this is genius marketing because everyone's replying/retweeting.

Yes, it's great if that's the metric for your job in online media and how you justify your position. But I won't hold my breath waiting for the associated rise in sales. Not even with the valuable exposure for those little-known brands of Heinz and Weetabix.

8 hours ago, JNLister said:

Worst part is all the "social media gurus" banging on about how this is genius marketing because everyone's replying/retweeting.

Yes, it's great if that's the metric for your job in online media and how you justify your position. But I won't hold my breath waiting for the associated rise in sales. Not even with the valuable exposure  those little-known brands of Heinz and Weetabix.

Brand awareness serves a purpose on its own, not just based on a rise in sales even for brands such as Heinz and Weetabix and considering the low cost I would imagine running a campaign like this cost, they have every right to celebrate.   

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Brand awareness serves a purpose on its own

what purpose?

If increased brand awareness does lead to you making more money, what's it for? And are there all that many people blithely unaware of Weetabix?

Brands interacting with other brands in the way they have under that original tweet are a step below packaging that talks "Hey big boy, shake me well!!!" THAT'S the lowest of the low.

It's pure "Not a Man United fan but thats class 🙏👏👏👏" and "You sir win the internet for the day" twee nonsense.

It annoys me more than any of the food bollox posted in this thread.

3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

what purpose?

If increased brand awareness does lead to you making more money, what's it for? And are there all that many people blithely unaware of Weetabix?

Of course Weetabix is popular but it brings the brand to to the forefront of the consumers mind. Even the biggest brands in the world run awareness campaigns.

A campaign like this is not measured on a short term upturn in sales where people are going to rush out to buy Weetabix but rather longer term awareness of the brand where you will pick these brands over others as it will still be in your mind when out doing your weekly shop etc.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Of course Weetabix is popular but it brings the brand to to the forefront of the consumers mind. Even the biggest brands in the world run awareness campaigns.

A campaign like this is not measured on a short term upturn in sales where people are going to rush out to buy Weetabix but rather longer term awareness of the brand where you will pick these brands over others as it will still be in your mind when out doing your weekly shop etc.

That makes perfect sense and a campaign that makes you remember you like Weetabix or think "I haven't had them for ages" is great. So I can't get my head around the point of something that makes you never want to look at a Weetabix again.

Just recalled my brother used to call one Weetabix a Weetabic. Nutter.