Jump to content

The Lowest of the Low


Devon Malcolm

Recommended Posts

Posted

My brother lived in Australia for a while. Met his now girlfriend there and was living with her and her parents for a period. Her father - a sweet, lovely, innocent minded fellow had a general health check up and was informed he needed to up his Vitamin C intake. He asked how he should go about doing that and was met with the basic response of adding some orange juice to his breakfast each morning.

From that point on he began having orange juice with his weetabix every morning. Poured into the bowel. Instead of milk. ?

 

 

Edit - Read the first few posts and was instantly reminded of this and felt the need to share, thinking nobody else could have encountered such madness. Just seen what @HarmonicGeneratorpost...

  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted
On 2/9/2021 at 12:10 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

Do you think they buttered the weetabix first? I had a mate when I was younger whose dad would butter weetabix. 

As they used to do in my hospital stay. Stick in milk for some reason too. So it looked really odd.

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Ok, now I'm angry.

 

I bet they dip the biscuit bit in gravy.

  • Paid Members
Posted

This just popped up in my facebook feed. Not quite as wrong maybe but I'm still not comfortable with it.

FB_IMG_1613163845962.jpg

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'd do the cheese on the crumpets, and then pour the beans over, but only if I was out of bread.

 

Mind you, who doesn't like a bit of cheese on, eh?

  • Paid Members
Posted
40 minutes ago, DEF said:

This just popped up in my facebook feed. Not quite as wrong maybe but I'm still not comfortable with it.

FB_IMG_1613163845962.jpg

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

  • Paid Members
Posted

The beans should be on the cheese ideally but yeah, this is demonstrably good grub.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Completely concealing your beans beneath cheese, and then toasting/grilling it to form a crispy shell on top is nothing short of wonderful.

  • Members
Posted
1 hour ago, DEF said:

This just popped up in my facebook feed. Not quite as wrong maybe but I'm still not comfortable with it.

FB_IMG_1613163845962.jpg

Absolutely zero wrong with that. Might try it out tomorrow. 

  • Moderators
Posted

I like to go - 1/4 of the total amount of cheese, beans, and then the rest of the cheese and then under the grill. The cheese acts as kind of a glue that holds the beans (and little fried bits of chorizo in my case) in place and affixes them to the carb of choice.

  • Paid Members
Posted

This is intriguing. The idea of beans near a crumpet seems utterly bizarre to me. I must be very vanilla in crumpet consumption. It always struck me as a butter, cheese or syrup choice (ok marmite I guess). Are there other go to options I'm oblivious to? I still think beans can fuck off but are there others?

  • Paid Members
Posted

My only concern would be bean juice keeling through the bottom of the crumpet which is why I usually add them  after (marmite, then cheese), but I’m interested to try it

  • Paid Members
Posted

@DEFI usually have 2 crumpets for my supper, either buttered or one with a daorylea triangle and the other with peanut butter. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...