The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Are we ready to talk about Bron Breakker yet? Can we say it out loud that he’s plateaued and become quite a boring main eventer?

This is the biggest thought I had coming out of this show. They failed to capitalise when he was at his hottest and now he's just there waiting for the villain of the week. Best thing they can do is have Waller take the title (Waller is brilliant) and have him move on from NXT. The longer he is there, the more his aura disappears.

Take away the penalty box and the Iron Survivor wasn't too bad, was certainly one of the more enjoyable Iron Man match types in recent memory, but that's a pretty low bar for me as I find them a chore. 

Booker is terrible, just really bad. Get Wade back, get Beth back, just get Booker away. 

There's just something about Isla Dawn that just does it for me and I can't quite put my finger on what it is. She's fucked though with the spooky bollocks. A campaign needs to start to stop spooky bollocks in wrestling. It's always, always shite.

JD McDonagh is the worst thing in wrestling. I can't stand anything about him, even ignoring the allegations, hes just rubbish. Stupid hair, stupid facial expressions, boring as fuck. Get rid, not worth the hassle, I'd rather have Trent Seven than this shitarse. Kevin Owens was right.

Bron was Ace those first few months, but rather than have him in high intensity smash mouth matches, they've basically stuffed his 5 minute match into a 15 minute match and aren't putting him in with guy's experienced enough to teach him how to fill the gaps. He needs to be called up and spend 6 months working R Truth at house shows.

Edited by poetofthedeed

Bron has had a succession of underwhelming low-carders to feud with.  No wonder his progress has stalled.  

It’s obvious that NXT is missing the vets that they used to bring in - the Samoa Joes, Bobby Roodes etc.  So they pull main roster talent down for a short run, but nobody is getting better feuding with Apollo Crews.

Breakker could genuinely use some time in a tag team with a vet manager, so he can get some real seasoning on the road.  Find him a partner, hire in Scotty as his manager and promote him to Smackdown.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Nick James said:

There's just something about Isla Dawn that just does it for me and I can't quite put my finger on what it is. She's fucked though with the spooky bollocks. A campaign needs to start to stop spooky bollocks in wrestling. It's always, always shite.

"dripping black goo" is the absolute worst kind of spooky bullshit, too. It's never looked good, never got over, never been any better than the worst Wrestlecrap.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

"dripping black goo" is the absolute worst kind of spooky bullshit, too. It's never looked good, never got over, never been any better than the worst Wrestlecrap.

The Warrior getting black goo from Papa Shango’s voodoo spell terrified 7 year old me, so you take that back!

• Paid Members
On 12/11/2022 at 11:05 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

When I saw the rules of the Iron Survivor thing I got some serious King Of The Mountain vibes

Look, we've been over this already. (FINK VOICE) The rules are simple.

The person who scores a pinfall gets a key, the person who loses the fall goes in the penalty box for three minutes and is forbidden from climbing the ladder for five minutes. The key opens one of the four lockboxes that may contain the X, a P45, a spider or a title belt. The last person standing after all five have entered, seven pinfalls have been registered, and all four lockboxes have been opened, has earned the right to climb the ladder, hang the X, and attempt to retrieve the photo of Scott Hall, where upon the bell will be rung and THE MATCH BEYOND will finally begin, where upon its submission or surrender, or capturing the other team's flag. Those are the rules, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice.

17 minutes ago, air_raid said:

The person who scores a pinfall gets a key, the person who loses the fall goes in the penalty box for three minutes and is forbidden from climbing the ladder for five minutes. The key opens one of the four lockboxes that may contain the X, a P45, a spider or a title belt. The last person standing after all five have entered, seven pinfalls have been registered, and all four lockboxes have been opened, has earned the right to climb the ladder, hang the X, and attempt to retrieve the photo of Scott Hall, where upon the bell will be rung and THE MATCH BEYOND will finally begin, where upon its submission or surrender, or capturing the other team's flag. Those are the rules, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice.

Oh, you mean The King of the Feast or San Francisco 49er Scramble Ladder Ultimate War Game I Quit Flag Match

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

What happens if the contract falls off the clipboard before the end of the match? 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

What happens if the contract falls off the clipboard before the end of the match? 

Blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.

• 2 weeks later...