Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted January 12, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 12, 2023 (edited) 1 hour ago, Statto said: I've not seen the show this week and likely won't get time, but from your description I'm guessing it was a deliberate pisstake of the series of Apollo Crews vignettes from when he came back to NXT: I see! I should have twigged something when they mentioned Apollo whilst chatting to each other, joking about writing stuff down and looking out of the window. Like a weasel politician, I’ve changed my mind. Great segment. Yeah, great segment. Edited January 12, 2023 by Fatty Facesitter Quote
Shane O' Mac Version 2 Posted January 12, 2023 Posted January 12, 2023 (edited) 7 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said: Speaking of tacky - let’s get some better gear on our man Grayson. He’s got good charisma and I like his in-ring work, but his gear looks very ‘training school’ and doesn’t reflect the great character work they’ve done with him, like when he’s swanning about in Sydney looking really flash. A lot of people bring this up about Grayson's shorts, and I don't really see the issue- it's a nod to a boxing/MMA background- in kayfabe they've referred to him having a boxing past, and IRL he trained MMA with Robert Whittaker prior to starting wrestling, which Nigel McGuiness referred to on commentary when Waller started on TV. I like that it's a unique attire to all the trunks/tights out there. Besides, one of the biggest stars of the last 20 years got by in jorts. Edited January 12, 2023 by Shane O' Mac Version 2 Quote
Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted January 12, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 12, 2023 1 hour ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said: A lot of people bring this up about Grayson's shorts, and I don't really see the issue- it's a nod to a boxing/MMA background- in kayfabe they've referred to him having a boxing past, and IRL he trained MMA with Robert Whittaker prior to starting wrestling, which Nigel McGuiness referred to on commentary when Waller started on TV. I like that it's a unique attire to all the trunks/tights out there. Besides, one of the biggest stars of the last 20 years got by in jorts. Perhaps it was just this week that gave me that impression, or the fact it looks so baggy on him. Think they could still be pimped up a bit - brighter colours and all that lark. Quote
Loki Posted January 12, 2023 Posted January 12, 2023 Is Crews still stinking up NXT? Having had such a miserable run in the main roster, it must have been a wake up call to someone in WWE when he came back to NXT and was still boring and awkward. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted February 5, 2023 Posted February 5, 2023 So, I’ve got the house to myself this weekend and as my wrestling season is Rumble - Mania most years I decided to watch Vengeance Day this morning. Is this the worst roster NXT have ever had? Dijak has the worst presentation of anyone in the entire company. That Sin City, comic book noir entrance is so out of date. He’s got a dad’s face, and he’s strangely skinny. I thought the match was good though until the soapy ending. Apollo Crews match was bad. It was fine when they went 100mph, but everything in between was awkward and weird and having not really seen Carmela Hayes before I can’t say I’m hugely excited for the future. I enjoyed the tag title fatal four way even though pretty much all of the NXT acts felt achingly Sunday Night Heat. Everything else didn’t really keep my attention and I thought the main event was really bad. A superplex does not a ‘viral moment’ make, and when he’s not running at full speed, Bron is pretty green still. You’d be hard pressed to look at that show and identify the people that are going to take the company into the future. I’m sure Bron will be absolutely fine but he’s got a long way to go. Quote
Paid Members Nick James Posted February 5, 2023 Paid Members Posted February 5, 2023 I tend to enjoy NXT week to week, the daft gimmicks and over the top storylines are a fun escape for a Wednesday morning, but fuck me this show was shite. I think other than the women's match, I skipped forward 30 seconds multiple times in every match. Has anyone else in wrestlings star fallen as fast as Bron Breakkers? Should have given the win to Waller and send Breakker away for a few months.Hopefully Hayes gets the belt in this feud, because Bron is a snooze fest as champ. Gallus are fucking awful, as are most of the NXT UK lot from the male side. Was hoping for a Chase U win or at least a further of their storyline, whether that be Duke turning or something to make you want to see what's next. Dijaks finger though was gross. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 5, 2023 Posted February 5, 2023 I wouldn't say it's the worst roster they've ever had. In fact for the most part it's full of enjoyable characters. But yeah the show itself didn't really deliver. Most things felt off. And on a night where you'd hope everyone would step up and bring their A game and wow everyone it unfortunately felt like everyone underdelivered instead. Quote
Shane O' Mac Version 2 Posted February 5, 2023 Posted February 5, 2023 I didn't think the show was TERRIBLE, but I had higher hopes for a few bits. Mostly the main event. Grayson Waller did a stellar job building this thing up on social media, but the match itself was definitely a bit rough. Breakker's best work has come when he's in the ring with 15-20 years vets. I love Waller and think he has loads of potential, but he's only been doing this about 5 years, with the pandemic halting his momentum on the Aussie indies. You could see him trying his best to both guide Bron through the match and draw heat, but Bron sure looked lost for a lot of it. The triple threat was a little pedestrian. Toxic Attraction, like Waller, great characters with potential, but not yet the ring generals to lead the way, and I think Roxanne is very overhyped. She's good for someone so young, but I don't see anything spectacular there. Liked the chaos of the men's tag and the old Takeover feel of Wes vs. Dijak. The women's tag was a fun undercard bit too. Technically, Melo vs. Crews was very good, but I just struggle to care about Apollo in any way whatsoever. Quote
Loki Posted February 6, 2023 Posted February 6, 2023 Bron is suffering because he's stuck in NXT facing nonentities. He'd be much better off feuding for a midcard belt on Raw with an experienced hand. He's ridiculously talented and just needs experience. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted February 6, 2023 Posted February 6, 2023 6 hours ago, Loki said: Bron is suffering because he's stuck in NXT facing nonentities. He'd be much better off feuding for a midcard belt on Raw with an experienced hand. He's ridiculously talented and just needs experience. Ordinarily I’d be in complete agreement, but Dolph Ziggler has turned back up again recently and he has first feud dibs Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted February 6, 2023 Paid Members Posted February 6, 2023 1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said: Ordinarily I’d be in complete agreement, but Dolph Ziggler has turned back up again recently and he has first feud dibs Plus they already feuded for months and swapped the NXT title last year so please not again Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted February 6, 2023 Posted February 6, 2023 6 minutes ago, Callum1993 said: Plus they already feuded for months and swapped the NXT title last year so please not again Completely forgot that even happened Quote
poetofthedeed Posted February 8, 2023 Posted February 8, 2023 Jacy jayne is my new favorite wrestler..... Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted February 8, 2023 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2023 Something about that selling just makes me really uncomfortable. It looks too real but not in a fake wrestling “real” way. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted February 8, 2023 Posted February 8, 2023 (edited) The full clip gives it a bit more. The whole thing is a homage to The Rockers break up on The Barber Shop, and it’s looks like Gigi was meant to go completely through the door, which doesn’t co-operate. Jacy, in a moment of thinking “how am I going to save this?”, decided to try and put Gigi through it forcefully by putting her face into the sixth row. The crowd are actually in stunned silence Edited February 8, 2023 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.