The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

Schism are really shit, unfortunately.  There's no chemistry between the various different members, and Gacy is a bang average wrestler so the matches aren't up to much.

NXT feels a bit at sea at the moment - it's not NXT 2.0 but it's not 1.0 either.  There's a lot of very green talent at the moment finding their feet, which is fine, but they are missing good main event/NXT title feuds.

• 2 weeks later...

That match screams WCW booking! And how is a 90 second recovery time a 'penalty?' In wrestling logic they are going to come out the gate full of energy.

I get in 2022 it's hard to create a new match type but surely the golden rule is something that is easy to understand?

Decent episode this week

Spoiler

I really thought it was going to be the end of Mandy's reign so thought the end was a nice surprise 

• Paid Members

I'm quite open minded about it, to be honest. NXT (especially this current iteration) is the place they should be trying shit like this to see if it works or if it dies on its arse. The wackier the better for me, just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. 

4 hours ago, theringmaster said:

That match screams WCW booking! And how is a 90 second recovery time a 'penalty?' In wrestling logic they are going to come out the gate full of energy.

I get in 2022 it's hard to create a new match type but surely the golden rule is something that is easy to understand?

Decent episode this week

Reveal hidden contents

I really thought it was going to be the end of Mandy's reign so thought the end was a nice surprise 

Best I can think of is that it depends who goes in after a fall and who puts them there.

Say there’s 3 people in the match before the first fall. Wrestler A pins Wrestler B to put them in the box for 90 seconds, then just as Wrestler B is about to re-enter the match, Wrestler A pins Wrestler C. That puts Wrestler B at a disadvantage in that they (and everyone else) needs to win 2 falls just to draw level with Wrestler A

Another entirely skippable episode of NXT.

Dijak looks too big and out of place to be going against Wes Lee & the NA Championship, far more suited to being a Bron opponent.

Scrypts also debuts. Horrendous look but impressive athlete. EDIT - just seen it's the guy Reginald under a mask.

Edited by Winston

• Paid Members
On 11/16/2022 at 11:43 AM, theringmaster said:

On 11/16/2022 at 4:12 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

Say there’s 3 people in the match before the first fall. Wrestler A pins Wrestler B to put them in the box for 90 seconds, then just as Wrestler B is about to re-enter the match, Wrestler A pins Wrestler C. That puts Wrestler B at a disadvantage in that they (and everyone else) needs to win 2 falls just to draw level with Wrestler A

It’s not even that complex. The wrestler that scores the most falls wins the match, so the more time you’re in a penalty box, the less time you have to score falls. Can’t score a goal if you’re not on the pitch.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Winston said:

Dijak looks too big and out of place to be going against Wes Lee & the NA Championship, far more suited to being a Bron opponent.

The 'Just for Men' look doesn't scream up and comer either. 

Reggie's mask needs changing ASAP, one of the worst masks I've seen. I thought he was only going to wear it for the entrance.

The one bright spark in the episode, was Duke Hudson's delivery to Andre Chase of 'well, I punched him'. It made me laugh, what can I say.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Shawn Michaels is such a fucking dork. He books like a nine year old. Overcomplicated scramble matches involving penalty boxes, witches cursing referees, who then vomit black gunk, Apollo Crews switching personalities when he WIDENS HIS EYES in close-up.

I’d also forgotten how exhaustingly bad Booker T is at the desk. Horrendous.

In terms of positives, this show is definitely worth watching for the men’s Iron Survivor Challenge, which was so full of promising talent that they made the dumb rules work. Carmello Hayes is an absolute diamond and Grayson Waller has really grown on me as an annoying little prick. The New Day were good quality, too. That’s the best Eddie Guerrero spot in ages.

Are we ready to talk about Bron Breakker yet? Can we say it out loud that he’s plateaued and become quite a boring main eventer?

Edited by Supremo