The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

From what little I've seen of it, it's been European talent for a while now with a few of the newer recruits coming from the continent, so it won't make a massive difference to the content.

Crazy though that they didn't have this World Collide event in Cardiff. Ready built crowd for it, good pops for the UK guys and a proper send off rather than whatever the last BT taping was.

Hopefully whatever it becomes tours, as one of the worst things about it was the studio that went no way at all towards recreating the atmosphere of a proper live show.

10 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

The NXT UK cuts have started. Flash Morgan Webster, Mark Andrews, Wild Boar, and Jack Starz so far have made some announcements.

Do they bother with a no compete clause with the UK guys? If not I'd expect a few surprise appearances at the Progress/TNT shows on Sep 4th.

It had a good run like, 4-5 years I believe, and considering the company’s penchant for flip flopping on titles reigns, the UK titles at least got some respect

UK title - Bate, Dunne (Butch), WALTER (Gunther), Dragunov

UK Women’s - Ripley, Storm, KLR (Alba Fyre), Satomura 

UK Tag - Grizzled Young Veterans (The Dyad), South Wales Subculture, Gallus, Moustache Mountain, Pretty Deadly, Smith/Carter, Briggs and Jensen

Heritage Cup - A-Kid (Axiom), Bate, Dar, M. Coffey

Honestly.surprised they let it go so long after covid. Probably would've been done a while ago without. 

Is it that the UK scene is rotten? The wrestlers don't have enough potential or simply that HBK and co didn't fancy London in the winter so looking for a performance center somewhere on the med?

One glimmer of hope for NXT Europe has to be them bringing back the most prestigious and best looking belt of all time?

Impossible to know how it would've panned out if Covid hadn't happened. I think they would've put a bit more effort into it, just because other shows would've been happening too.

But considering not much was happening at all, it fell into a really weird place.

If they're currently in a weird transitional period where NXT UK is dead but NXT Europe isn't anywhere yet then it makes sense to let the majority go. They're not going to port everyone over to NXT. At least this way they're free to go and work elsewhere and I'm sure 'former NXT/WWE superstar' is something most of them can make work in their favour.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm sure 'former NXT/WWE superstar' is something most of them can make work in their favour.

Joel Redman is still being advertised as that on UK shows the guts of a decade after being released, so it's definitely still a thing.