Did that really happen?

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

It was mentioned on here not long back, but the celebrity involvement I always forget about is Evander Holyfield vs Matt Hardy. 

I do love reading old WWE reports and finding mention of mad storylines that never went anywhere and got dropped never to be mentioned again. They've had a fair few the past couple of years. Equally mental yet completely forgettable. Shit like Erick Rowan's pet spider, Maria Kanellis cuckolding Mike, Mojo Rawley shouting into a mirror and Shelton Benjamin making weird faces. I think it proves that the vast majority of the time, they come up with these ideas without a clue as to what the finish line is, nevermind how they're going to get there.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Wasn’t there a point about 3 or 4 years ago were episodes of RAW had actual titles because #1220 or whatever made it sound old, similar to why Wrestlemania doesn’t have numbers anymore

Episodes of TNA iMPACT had titles briefly, I can't remember whether it was just before or during the Hogan/Bischoff era. Remember when Hogan tried to get wearing sky blue over as his colours briefly in TNA because it was the colour scheme they had in the Impact Zone? 

Jon Stewart turning heel to help Seth Rollins win the US title from Cena? 

I was thinking earlier today how in 2018 or 2019 one part of the quick fix that came with the 24/7 title was Mick Foley dimming the lights and saying how the last hour was going to be Raw "Dark" or something and that anything could happen. Did they ever actually do anything with that after the promo?

Surely in a few years Raw Underground will be on this list as a mock fight club that did very little to make anyone and never really went anywhere?

Plenty of TNA ones I'm sure such as the time they said all X Division matches (or at least title matches) have to be three ways or the fact they ran episodes where the main crux was 3 wrestlers chatting to Hogan backstage about who should get the main event title shot...I quite liked that concept actually. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, simonworden said:

I was thinking earlier today how in 2018 or 2019 one part of the quick fix that came with the 24/7 title was Mick Foley dimming the lights and saying how the last hour was going to be Raw "Dark" or something and that anything could happen. Did they ever actually do anything with that after the promo?

Surely in a few years Raw Underground will be on this list as a mock fight club that did very little to make anyone and never really went anywhere?

The vague concept stuck around for maybe 6 or 8 weeks at most, with the only real difference being that all the graphics on the chyrons/stage/ring apron became black & white for the last hour. I don't recall any real difference in content.

I miss Raw Underground. Honestly.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

I was amazed to find out that during my lapsed fandom a 68 year old Johnny Saint wrestled a couple of matches for Chickara.

And the rest! His last match with them was 2011, so he was 70 when he had his last match there. One of the matches in 2009 saw him, Quackenbush and Skayde against Cesaro, Dave Taylor and Daniel Bryan, which is a combination that only gets more bonkers the further removed from it we are in time. That weekend marked his US debut, too!