Did that really happen?

tiger_rick

British Bulldog beat The Undertake on a episode of RAW

Cody Rhodes did the moon sault off the cage thing in WWE first.

When matches had to be stopped when there is blood (like just a treacle).

WWE had their own 'search bar' on wwe .com and were planning to become the 'new google'.

Shane McMahon actually left WWE for years, had a official press release exit everything.

I stumbled upon this earlier in the week, and I'm absolutely astounded that it even happened: 

I saw it when it went out, and being a relatively new fan at the time I had no idea who Kanyon was and I'm not sure I even knew who Boy George was. Did they know Kanyon was gay or was this just a coincidence? Whatever the case, given that they just weren't using him at the time, it strikes me as nothing more than typical WWE bullying. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

British Bulldog beat The Undertake on a episode of RAW

Didn't Vladimir Kozlov beat Taker and Tripper on Smackdown? We complain that they don't try now. Back then, you got this, should have been huge, but it was the wrong guy.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Didn't Vladimir Kozlov beat Taker and Tripper on Smackdown? We complain that they don't try now. Back then, you got this, should have been huge, but it was the wrong guy.

He definitely beat Taker, clean as a whistle:

Possibly a controversial opinion, but Kozlov is better than he's given credit for. His squash matches were fun to watch, his match with 'Taker was decent and his matches on Smackdown during his undefeated run were mostly solid. His match with Triple H was a stinker (until Edge turned up) but I'm not sure the blame is being placed with the right person for that one. 

I'm not saying he was the next coming of Brock Lesnar or anything like that, but his sharp relegation after the Survivor Series match was harsh. 

• Paid Members

I'd forgotten about him until watching Rumble 2009 recently. He really isn't better than he's credited with being. He's a stiff. Nothing comes naturally to him. He just wasn't cut out for it. It does make you wonder why it takes so long for them to see that. Are they just praying they'll improve? They put a guy like him in a position to get over with short squash matches, which almost always works. But for whatever reason, they didn't realise he wasn't good until they put him in a high profile match with Trips. Then they completely lose interest until he becomes comedy fodder. Rinse and repeat.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I stumbled upon this earlier in the week, and I'm absolutely astounded that it even happened: 

I saw it when it went out, and being a relatively new fan at the time I had no idea who Kanyon was and I'm not sure I even knew who Boy George was. Did they know Kanyon was gay or was this just a coincidence? Whatever the case, given that they just weren't using him at the time, it strikes me as nothing more than typical WWE bullying. 

It's pretty obvious they knew and they booked it because they knew Kanyon would absolutely do it, being the team player he was, how he probably loved wrestling a bit too much, was in an awkward career point where he'd been injured and missed a year of TV and WWE used to be a right bag of laughs when it came to gay culture on screen didn't they? Yikes.

• Paid Members

Kozlov is such a random one as well, because they threw up a press release with Jerry Jarrett introducing him and made him out to be a somebody, but he was pretty average the whole time. God knows what the was all about.

9 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Possibly a controversial opinion, but Kozlov is better than he's given credit for. His squash matches were fun to watch, his match with 'Taker was decent and his matches on Smackdown during his undefeated run were mostly solid. His match with Triple H was a stinker (until Edge turned up) but I'm not sure the blame is being placed with the right person for that one. 

I'm not saying he was the next coming of Brock Lesnar or anything like that, but his sharp relegation after the Survivor Series match was harsh. 

To this day, part of me believes that was deliberately done to bring the crowd down so the edge pop would be bigger, but a much larger part refuses to believe HHH would sacrifice himself that much.... 

• Paid Members

Kozlov was dire. Just a Ukrainian Jinder. That Survivor Series match with Triple H was the first time I actually turned off a match as I was so bored. There was an Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out a couple of months later which I regretted watching live during the first match as I had to sit through the longest 5 minutes of my life when Kozlov and Big Show were slowly beating up Jeff Hardy. He was always fast forward material after he moved on from squashing people. 

One of my mates loves his match for the ECW title against Matt Hardy at one of the Royal Rumbles. I can’t remember a thing about it other than it ended in a DQ as they didn’t want Hardy to lose the title but couldn’t have Kozlov lose clean.