Youtube Thread 2000

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Chili said:

So I never knew The Mountie debuted in 1990. I never knew he had vignettes, and I never knew Vince name dropped he was Jacques and banged on about the Fabulous Rougeaus and Jacques Mountie backstory.

I've seen the vignettes before. The first one is particularly memorable. I'd also be a little surprised that he debuted in 1990 but he did work the 91 Rumble so it shouldn't be a surprise.

They did tend to explain in that era when guys switched gimmicks or returned with new gimmicks. Like Tony Atlas as Saba Simba or Akeem and El Matador's transformations. Later on they seemed to just ignore it.

• Paid Members

I've got a question about this.

Is Jake wearing a Widnes (or is it Wigan?) rugby shirt at an ECW event, presumably in Philadelphia, there and if so, why and how did this happen?

• Paid Members

It is a Wigan shirt, though in New Orleans, not Philly. Fuck knows why, it's after his first UK show, so could have picked it up there. 

Some wrestlers have a bit of a romantic attachment to Wigan because of the history of Catch there, and Billy Riley and Billy Robinson coming from there - Meiko Satomura on first arriving in the UK said she most wanted to go there - so maybe Jake saw some connection there too. More likely someone gave him a free shirt at some point.

Not sure if anyone will be particularly interested in this but in real life I'm a poet and run a small production company. As you can imagine wrestling doesn't come up a lot in the poetry scene but I finally crowbarred it in and released a wrestling poem. The fella who edited has gone from never watching it to never missing a Dynamite over the last 18 months so it's only AEW footage. I don't post a lot but I've been on here forever so it'd be really cool to read what you guys think of it. 

Edited by Brudaker
Link error

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I've got a question about this.

Is Jake wearing a Widnes (or is it Wigan?) rugby shirt at an ECW event, presumably in Philadelphia, there and if so, why and how did this happen?

Don't know if this is the connection, but the first time Rob Butcher went to an ECW convention, Sandman heard he was from Lancashire and spent hours talking about rugby league.