Things you're looking forward to in 2021

I Bent My Wookie

• Awards Moderator
12 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Yeah it really was an incredibly amazing and touching turn of events but the really long story short is i've been a huge fan and he is one of my idols and someone i look up to for over 10 years now. He did a charity zoom call raising money for one trust charity (a food bank charity near him) and out of the 209 people on the call i was one of the lucky 7/8 people that got to speak to him and ask him a question. I wanted to ask him if he could offer any coping strategies with my mental health but i got really choked up and ended up sharing abit of my personal story and he got interested and wanted to know more about me. He told me on a Wednesday he attends a meeting in person which is also held over zoom and gave me his email address privately on zoom and said he wanted me to go with him. I did and later on that evening his assistant emailed me saying Russell wanted to pass on his number too me so we could chat and keep in touch. There is alot more to the story but i have kept it as short as humanly possible. 

Well that's an awesome story. He's a big advocate of mental health and discussing it openly so I hope he gives you some personal sanity.

I'm looking forward to hugging friends and family again. That'd be nice. Or going on a date night with my wife. Simple stuff you miss really.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

I’m looking forward to staying in because I want to, not because I have to. 

On the other hand, social distancing can be made the law as far as I’m concerned. No longer thinking “Would you mind fucking off” at how close people get to me in shop queues has been brilliant for my blood pressure.

3 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Simply getting back the the gym post vaccine would be nice.  I made my own mind up to stop when the first lock down hit and have not been back since.

Probably a wise decision. Recently went back to the gym myself. Even though people social distance in there and the setup seems safe and hygienic, 55 minutes isn’t long enough to work out (at least for me anyway). The gym that I go to is very strict with the time limit as well.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

something they can be and should be extremely proud of

Can you be proud of knowing someone? I don't mean to sound a dick, it's a genuine question. 

I'm looking forward to beer festivals being back on and hopefully being able to get out on day trips for a little pub tour somewhere local-ish by train again. 

I've put in for some sizeable, well to me Covid related funding which I should find out if successful over the next few weeks if successful or not. 

It will give me a third job, but will mean that I can make a massive difference to everyday lives in a part of a community negatively affected by Covid. Then if successful, setting up as charity and leaving legacy measures establishing something that doesn't exist already. I'm really looking forward to the challenge if this all comes off as could be the start of something awesome. 

I was asked to give evidence to someone who sits in the house of lords last week as I'm now an expert in the thing that I do. It was humbling and honoured to be asked. 

This year career wise things have really gone crazy and being a National 'something' is both amazing and something I'm honoured to do, even if it's only relatively short term. 

I'm looking forward to where that journey goes now as well. 

Aside from that, getting fit, getting out of a super financial blackhole caused by months off for surgery and getting some wheels back would be aces. 

I've a job interview to replace my 2nd job tomorrow as more money and greater freedom, so see how that goes too. 

Next year could be very exciting :)

• Paid Members

I haven't seen any of my friends in person since the start of covid except one. It will be magic when we can finally hang out. 

Going to a gig. No idea when or what it will be but it will bring a tear to the eye.

For roughly 15 years, one way or another I've been paying off loans. In about 9 months I'll finally be rid of them. Having an extra 120 quid a month will make us way more comfortable and give me so many more options for the fun stuff in life.

Cobra-Kai season 3.

• Paid Members

I'm starting a new job and moving in with my partner in the next two months, because I'm stupid enough to pack up everything and move jobs in the middle of a pandemic, and to move back to the UK almost immediately after Brexit. It's daunting in a lot of ways, but more than anything it's just a fresh start and really feels like the beginning of the rest of my life, to use an obvious cliché.