Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

1 hour ago, Harry Wiseau said:

I was just in Farmfoods and as I approached the till not only was there a young lady walking towards the till at the same time (that's not the annoying thing) but on the floor was a basket with four items in. We both looked at it in a questioning way and sort of stood near it, then the cashier called for the next person so the lady went first, then (and here's where it picks up) another assistant opened a separate till and called me over, upon which a woman with an armful of food, loads more then was in that little basket, walks over saying she's next because it's her stuff in the basket! Is that a new queuing system now then? Can I just push my trolley to the till then walk round picking stuff up and demand to be front of the queue when I'm done. I quietly said good to the cashier while the woman was fuming beind me. So I'm the bad guy in this situation? 

Yeah, didn’t you know? It’s the old ‘plant a flag in it and it’s yours now’ trick, only in this case it’s a shopping basket.

As for @LaGoosh’s avocado thing- from what I can remember, being the oh so cool motherfucker that I am, mashed avocado on toast was a trendy breakfast for a little while so people latched on it to mock hipsters and the like. Being as that was as far as their knowledge of hipsters & hipster culture went, it’s all they’ve got when they’ve got something to say about young liberals.
See also: woke

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

As for @LaGoosh’s avocado thing- from what I can remember, being the oh so cool motherfucker that I am, mashed avocado on toast was a trendy breakfast for a little while so people latched on it to mock hipsters and the like. Being as that was as far as their knowledge of hipsters & hipster culture went, it’s all they’ve got when they’ve got something to say about young liberals.
See also: woke

Yeah I get it. I think what mainly annoys me about is that avocado isn't a huge luxury, despite all the boring stupid miserable pricks acting like it is. You can buy two from Sainsbury's for £1.40. An avocado on toast breakfast in a decent cafe will be pretty much the same price as scrambled egg on toast. If you see avocado as an exotic luxury you're probably a sad person who hasn't done much in your life. So this whole "millennials need to stop wasting money on avocados and Starbucks" doesn't even make any fucking sense. I guess it's just another thing that's been pulled into the whole lazy "what about"-isms of the current discourse. 

For the record, I don't even like avocado. But I hate dull twats who moan about imaginary liberal hipsters and avocado even more.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Tamura said:

People in supermarkets that pick up and inspect every single pack of bananas before deciding which one to buy.

Guilty. I prod and poke any meat, fruit or veg I'm buying in a supermarket. You get some right shit on the shelves. 

Since Covid entered the world it's probably not a good idea, but sniffing fruit to see if it smells correctly is something I know people use to do. I personally don't do it but it is shit when you get a lovely looking strawberry and it smells of nothing which normally means it tastes of nothing

• Paid Members

In pro wrestling matches where two people trade punches or chops in the middle of the ring and one person stands upright and lets the other hit him \ her before taking their turn. Dumb. Just makes no sense. Why would you let someone hit you in a fight? Completely kills the illusion.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Chunk said:

In pro wrestling matches where two people trade punches or chops in the middle of the ring and one person stands upright and lets the other hit him \ her before taking their turn. Dumb. Just makes no sense. Why would you let someone hit you in a fight? Completely kills the illusion.

The psychology of it makes perfect sense in a wrestling environment.

• Paid Members

CPP and other private car park scams. Well-hidden signs warning you of the limits, no phone numbers to talk to human beings. Just payment numbers/portals and an email address if you want to appeal.

We may have gone over limit on Saturday but don’t know. We move house on Friday so if they issue a PCN by post, we may miss it. I’ve emailed their address for “lost your PCN ref number” which may or may not be replied to. I’ve got no way of speaking to anybody to find out if a violation happens, and if the new tenants don’t forward mail or call us (we’re only moving about 5 minutes away) then that could be some nice legal action.

The store at the retail park we were shopping at will discount the PCN from our final invoice should we receive one but got to receive it first. Shower of bastards.

On 4/1/2022 at 10:43 PM, Tommy! said:

Guilty. I prod and poke any meat, fruit or veg I'm buying in a supermarket. You get some right shit on the shelves. 

There's loose bananas right next to the packaged ones,. I'm sure the discrerning customer would find it much easier to find five, or however many, that meet their quality control standards by picking out individual ones.

spacer.png

What time of day did you take of photo of those sorry shelves out of interest?

A couple of things that wound me right up today. Online accounts, passwords and verification systems are simply getting out of hand. I used to use one password with a few needing a slight modification to fit the requirements of the site. Now I can never remember what combination any of my passwords are so to access the account I have to reset my password every bloody time. Then they sometimes need to ping a verification to my phone either by SMS or other ways. I appreciate they want to keep my details safe but there should really be an opt out option which you can choose to bring it back to a basic password system. It's all well and good Amazon having all my addresses and payment details stored for convenience but not when I have to spend twice as long as typing the details in to just log into the system. I haven't even mentioned the banks here, has anyone else lost a phone and tried to set up online banking again? Takes a whole day.

The other thing was trying to buy a present on Amazon for my new niece. Spending 14 quid for a small light up toy is bad enough but then Amazon asking for a fiver to deliver it seems a bit fucking much. I feel pressured to spend another five quid on something to get around the deliver charge which annoys me even more as I feel i'm being forced to buy more shit than I want. 

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Tamura said:

Cash machines that ask "Would you like to see your balance before withdrawing money" right after I've just seen my balance after selecting the "Cash and balance" option from the start menu. 

…and then asking you three times if you want a receipt.

• Paid Members

UberEats messaging 13 seconds after I just had an order delivered asking me if I'd like to order some food. An app that will only be satisfied if I'm eating 24 hours a day, every day.