Work

Tommy!

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, patiirc said:

In the interim I'm off work again because i fell and have utterly buggered my shoulder last Thursday.

In the bath?  Please say it was in the bath.

Cheers to everyone who chipped in with advice on my interview. Came off my night shift, got about four hours kip and woke up in time to put a smart shirt on and have a coffee while I went through my notes. The interview went well, they said I said all the right things without prompting, and want to progress me, so I've got an in-person interview on Monday. The way they spoke almost made it sound like the second interview is just a formality, but of course I don't want to get my hopes up. 

Anyway, right now I'm off to another night shift on four hours kip. Wish me luck. 

• Paid Members

Good luck! Spent just shy of 10 years working 10pm - 7am, Mon to Fri. I look back and wonder how the fuck I managed that for so long. It'll be the best thing you ever did getting off nights, as it was for me. 

Edited by Wretch

8 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

They want you to make notes about how many things the Simpsons predicted. Like Trump becoming president etc. 

Not a clue why, but in reality, I’d watch anything for £5k and a weekly box of donuts, let alone the free WiFi and Disney plus.

If only someone would offer similar for watching Strike it Lucky or My Kind of Music, then Astro would be laughing.

Maybe they're developing some kind of formula to predict the future. Psychohistory or something.

On 10/21/2021 at 9:19 AM, Kaz Hayashi said:

Soz if it’s been mentioned elsewhere and I’ve not spotted it.

So, you get paid £5k to watch every episode of the Simpsons, they cover your WiFi bills and free Disney plus for the duration of doing the job, and they send you a box of donuts every week too.

Holy fuck

edit: and I’ve just realised that the article is from a week ago. Old news.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/13/you-can-get-paid-5000-to-watch-the-simpsons-15416792/?ito=facebook|social|metroukfacebook&fbclid=IwAR2jW_8XwtE9_BdZbXOxOsXdrTtu3BjH7hoIFdIsx0MMqBVW4w_vXEDy6gk

Me and my buddies made 9 grand off betting on the Simpsons (who shot mr burns)when we were 14.

Second interview went great. They just need to run it past one other manager and make sure the MD is happy with my salary expectations, but I should hear back by tomorrow. I'm not going to start celebrating yet but they've made it sound very much like the job's mine if I want it. So for the first time in ten years I'll be working normal hours and coming home every night. Rather chuffed. 

10 hours ago, neil said:

Bit of a low floor ain't it? Seems like supervisor level at most.

Oh definitely...…nowhere near all the high flying financiers and hedge fund folks at the top. We're not even half way up, that's the crazy part - this building has 62 floors. 

7 hours ago, MPDTT said:

Oh definitely...…nowhere near all the high flying financiers and hedge fund folks at the top. We're not even half way up, that's the crazy part - this building has 62 floors. 

62 floors, Jesus, got to make sure the hedge funders can jump properly eh. 

Where is that? City? 

Thought my 21 floor building was big.