Comic book movies II: the Richard Donner cut

Bellenda Carlisle

Episode 4 of Wandavision has ramped up the intrigue and has provided a nice pay off for people's patience. I can only see it getting more intense and that's a good thing.

I like how it's interweaving with the MCU whilst also playing to the TV audience. 

For those who didn't get on with first 2 episodes, stick with it. 

• Paid Members

The reverse snap! 

There wasn't a shot in it that didn't look like it could have come from a cinema release. 

I'm a bit torn that they left the sitcom setting so soon but I really like how they've done it and it seems that they anticipated the mixed response and lack of action and did this to balance. Guessing they'll go back in for the 80s and 90s themed episodes and then add in more and more of the external stuff. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I really want a 00s Office/Parks & Rec documentary type episode. Vision talking to the camera while Wanda fucks stuff up behind him could be gold. 

I think they've gone for something like that. There's a preview clip of her talking to camera like the office /modern family

• Paid Members

I know they've done the what if series for later this year but I really think they're missing a trick not getting the original voice cast to do some shorter animated series. Captain America and the Howling Commandos, a Black widow and hawkeye shield series, Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor and the Warriors 3. 

On a slightly related note. Someone should really be throwing some money at Harrison Ford to record a million hours of Indiana Jones animated films voice over while he can. 

Got round to watching Wonder Woman 84 this afternoon via a non on demand site, didn't enjoy it as much as the first but it was decent and I liked the get around explanation for why Steve was back. Also finally got around to watching Joker on the same site, I can see why it was talked up so much, Phoenix's performance was unbelievable as the character was descending deeper into his mental psyche  

• Paid Members

I had no idea Netflix were doing The Sandman. This could be very special.

CBR - Sandman Netflix Cast guide

The gender flips are bound to annoy comic book dem wans but I couldn't give a monkeys. Sounds like great casting and frankly I can't wait.

• Paid Members

Wandavision is fantastic. With a format that could (and did) alienate fans so easily in the first few episodes they've managed to tow a line between surreal, MCU stuff and fan service. I'm loving it and the end reveal at the end is a genuinly huge reveal. 

I love the fact that they've taken real world business shenanigans and turned it into a huge plot point in a way that feels organic to this story. 

The thing is though that I worry that even more than the format of the show, this could be the thing that alienates casual viewers.

Made me do a funny little giggle though.

• Paid Members

I'm bemused, on watching Wandavision episode 5, every time it cuts to "reality" the audio turns to static, this static is inconsistent when rewound and watched again.

Is everyone getting this as I'm seeing nothing online about it.

EDIT: Problem fixed, I had to weirdly update my TV for the audio to work. However in sitcom land the audio was fine as it's not in whatever fancy stereo format the reality is in.

Not gonna lie, me and the wife went 5 minutes of static horrendousness before giving up, assuming it was part of the show!

Edited by Teedy Kay