Why do they have to make everything 3D?! Rugrats animation was great. Fireman Sam also looks awful now, I know the claymation plastercine model things are probably time consuming but the show has lost all its charm

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, deathrey said:

Why do they have to make everything 3D?! Rugrats animation was great. Fireman Sam also looks awful now, I know the claymation plastercine model things are probably time consuming but the show has lost all its charm

Thomas is the worst one for me. The main charm was that it was an actual toy train set that you could relate to by replicating at home. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, deathrey said:

Fireman Sam also looks awful now, I know the claymation plastercine model things are probably time consuming but the show has lost all its charm

Also Trefor Evans is hardly in it now.

Yeah, I’ve a brother thats 20yrs younger than me, and he’s watching the same things that I watched when younger Fireman Sam/Thomas etc.), but it seems the remakes and 3D reboots just murder the original.

Its made by the same team that made the original, and all the baby’s voices are the same. So that’s something.

• Paid Members

Is The Twilight Zone the greatest TV show of all time? Yes I think it is. Watched the first two series - about 55 episodes and maybe only 2 that I didn't care for. It's just amazing work. I would kill for someone to do a full compilation of Rod Serling's intros.

Parks and Recreation took a massive dive in quality in series 6, didn't it. It's just not good at all. Even Aubrey Plaza can't save it and Billy Eichner's certainly couldn't. Can't wait for it to be over.

Series 2 of Ozark was mostly as good as the first - but the odd laugh from time to time wouldn't go amiss. It's just so downbeat and intense all the time. A really good series but I really have to be in the mood for it.

King of the Hill - still superb, obviously.

Not sure what to watch next. Probably Bottom.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Parks and Recreation took a massive dive in quality in series 6, didn't it. It's just not good at all. Even Aubrey Plaza can't save it and Billy Eichner's certainly couldn't. Can't wait for it to be over.

You'll be pining for season 6 level quality when you're watching season 7.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Not sure what to watch next. Probably Bottom.

As a child we'd go round to my grandparents and my grandad would be watching an episode of The Two Ronnie's or Dad's Army that he'd seen numerous times before and still be howling at it. Used to wind me up something rotten! Now I realise I'm exactly the same with Bottom & The Thick Of It. It's the circle of life.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

You'll be pining for season 6 level quality when you're watching season 7.

It's only half a series though and I'm usually half asleep when I'm watching it so I can make it.

25 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Series 2 of Ozark was mostly as good as the first - but the odd laugh from time to time wouldn't go amiss. It's just so downbeat and intense all the time. A really good series but I really have to be in the mood for it.

Harris Yulin was the shows only source of humour, it’s a pretty grim show. I feel like a lot of people slept on Ozark because it’s wrongly labelled as a shitter Breaking Bad but it’s a fine show in its own right and outside of the suburban crime drama there’s no strong comparison. The actors and characters are all really strong, there’s no real weakness.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Is The Twilight Zone the greatest TV show of all time? Yes I think it is. Watched the first two series - about 55 episodes and maybe only 2 that I didn't care for. It's just amazing work. I would kill for someone to do a full compilation of Rod Serling's intros.

For me it's definitely up there. I never get tired of re-watching it and the stories and ideas are exceptional throughout. And I'll be absolutely gutted when Disney finally get rid of Tower of Terror at Disney World because as a fan it's just so surreal to still be able to experience something classic Twilight Zone related now.