VHS and Betamax You Have Recently Rented

Frankie Crisp

13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Back To The Future trilogy

We stopped in the middle of 2 so she could write her own timeline and she kept adding to it whilst watching 3 so she could keep track of it all as she was getting confused, until her older sister just said "Simply, Doc from 1955 never leaves 1955 so is Doc A, and the other Doc is from 1985 so he's Doc B" which is a succinct way of remembering.

I had a similar experience explaining it to my mum a few months back, which lead to this construction of this Diagram. I lost her around the point of 1985C in BTTF2

HtvpLT8.jpg

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm (Prime) - late to the party on this one, thought, as a sequel to a 14 year old film that possibly wasn't needed, it was pretty darn funny, not as laugh out loud as the original but still had plenty to chuckle over and I genuinely got a bit choked up at a particular bit near the end 

Military Wives

I think watching this on a Sunday evening may very well be the peak of moving into middle-age-dom.

I really loved it. I'll watch anything with Sharon Horgan, and this had a whole lot of heart without too much schmaltz. 

The Great Outdoors

Havent seen this since I was small but it was still great. Really love John Candy.

Unpregnant & Colombus

A Haley Lu Richardson double bill, with the latter film being a little gem with a superb performance by John Cho.

Richardson is a fantastic talent who seems to choose wisely so interested to see what she does next. 

Road Trip 

Still 11/10.

• Paid Members

A Fantastic Fear of Everything (pirate)

Two medium quality films later, and Crispian Mills is already a million times a better film director than he was a musician. Some good ideas here and Simon Pegg's great but it's too long and repetitive at times. Decent effort though.

True History of the Kelly Gang (Prime)

Fat Russell Crowe excepted, this is a tedious and pointless film that offers nothing beyond the odd bit of gun violence and arse flashing. No idea what the fuck George Mackay's accent was, even Charlie Hunnam sounded more convincing.

Love and Monsters (pirate)

Thoroughly enjoyable post-apocalyptic adventure, just my sort of thing with plentiful nods to Tremors, Zombieland and that sort of thing. Jessica Henwick, eh.

Fatman (Amazon Crime). Figured this would be all kinds of mental from the trailer but I really enjoyed it. Mel Gibson makes a great Father Christmas who looks like he'd give you a slap, Walton Goggins is his usual fantastic wild-eyed self but its Chance Hurstfield and his punchable face that steals the show for me.

• Paid Members

Run (pirate)

Aneesh Chaganty's follow-up to the excellent Searching is a much different thriller, but no less enjoyable. Brilliant to see an actual disabled person playing the lead and Kiera Allen is great. Really good stuff, Chaganty's definitely one to watch.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

Can't Stop Music

Village People musical starring Steve Guttenberg, Bruce Jenner and the Village People. 10/10. 

Sample scene

This looks amazing. Never heard of it. Where may one find it? Also, spotted this on the Wiki

"Since its initial failure, the film has gained something of a cult status as a camp film. Released on DVD in 2002, the film has been screened at gay film festivals, including the 2008 London Lesbian and Gay Film Festival, and is an annual New Year's tradition on Australian television"