VHS and Betamax You Have Recently Rented

Frankie Crisp

9 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Ah, yeah I wasn't sure of the etiquette there, as she was under her old name, so thank you.

Was at a quiz where the quizmaster refused to give anyone a point who said The Matrix was directed by the Wachowski Brothers, but did accept that Sonny Liston lost his world heavyweight title to Cassius Clay. 

• Paid Members

My parents borrowed my Amazon Prime to watch Borat 2 and turned it off at the High Class Ball part for being a bit too much. Me and my Wife watched it a few days later and turned it off just after that part, but because it was boring.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

My parents borrowed my Amazon Prime to watch Borat 2 and turned it off at the High Class Ball part for being a bit too much. Me and my Wife watched it a few days later and turned it off just after that part, but because it was boring.

It’s not a patch on the first film, but there’s a great reveal at the end. And there’s also the car crash of the Bernie scene at the end where you’re watching it going, “What the fuck are you doing?”

• Paid Members

Chappie (pirate)

Neill Blomkamp is a fraud and this is absolutely terrible. Imagine putting Die Antwoord in your film and then giving them actual big roles. Nobody emerges from this with any dignity.

Happiest Season (Prime rental)

Lovely lesbian romcom with Kristen Stewart finally producing a performance that was actually interesting, although she's outshone by Aubrey Plaza and Mackenzie Davis. No shame there though. No real surprises, but a nice take on a genre I often like.

Boss Level (pirate)

Joe Carnahan tries a timeloop film but he made the mistake of putting Frank Grillo in it and Frank Grillo fucking sucks. Mel Gibson looks bored and I know how he feels. Naomi Watts and Selina Lo are excused. Probably would have been good if a better director got hold of it.

Chappie was an unforgivably shit Johnny 5 rip off and the Matt Damon one was decent enough but so forgettable that I can’t even remember what it was called but District 9 man, great film. I still would have liked to see his Alien film. He’s taking the Richard Kelly career trajectory.

Yeah it’s mad that District 9 was never followed up on which makes me think it was a concept more than a film and he lucked out with Copley. Maybe something like a Netflix sci-fi series where he can create a world but other directors and writers can bring it to life would be more in his wheel house. Was he not involved in one of the attempted Halo live action projects at one point?

• Paid Members

Fatman (pirate)

Think it was @Bellenda Carlisle who praised this a while back and yeah, I agree. A fair bit more enjoyable than I was expecting. @CleetusVanDamme favourite Walton Goggins is the MVP. A nice surprise.