VHS and Betamax You Have Recently Rented

Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I've been putting together my top 50 of the year and did rewatches of Parasite and The Invisible Man to see what's going to top my list and I'm still none the wiser. Might be a dead heat. Both brilliant and pertinent films that genuinely deserved their lavish praise. Not sure I could watch the latter again though, it's unbelievably stressful.

Both outstanding films. Invisible Man is a taut thriller, but I'd give the nod to Parasite for being such an interesting blend of genres where you never knew what was going to happen next. I've seen it 4 times and it's still fascinating.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Both outstanding films. Invisible Man is a taut thriller, but I'd give the nod to Parasite for being such an interesting blend of genres where you never knew what was going to happen next. I've seen it 4 times and it's still fascinating.

Have you seen the Black and White cut yet?

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Have you seen the Black and White cut yet?

No. Kermode raves about it, but I've already bought the Blu-ray. Don't really want to pay for another version.

Have you (anyone) ?

• Paid Members
Just now, Onyx2 said:

No. Kermode raves about it, but I've already bought the Blu-ray. Don't really want to pay for another version.

Have you (anyone) ?

It's on Prime, I think, but I forgot to watch that version.

• Paid Members

Green Room

I really shouldn't have left it so long to rewatch this. One of the best thrillers of the last decade. Imogen Poots should be doing more roles like this, and what a gem Anton Yelchin was, he's so missed.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Green Room

I really shouldn't have left it so long to rewatch this. One of the best thrillers of the last decade. Imogen Poots should be doing more roles like this, and what a gem Anton Yelchin was, he's so missed.

I saw this in the cinema and one woman had a full on panic attack at the arm in the door moment, it was crazy.

• Paid Members

I love Green Room but feel that because the first half is so insanely tense the second half feels a bit flat because it's just impossible to keep that level of tension going. Additionally when my favourite characters started to die I just started to lose my attachment to it.

• Paid Members

The Midnight Sky (Netflix)

The bad reviews are not wrong. A compilation of clips from numerous other better sci-fi films. George Clooney needs to stop directing. Felicity Jones and David Oyelowo exempt from criticism. Just an entirely pointless endeavour.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Klaus

Glorious, I cried a lot at the end. 

Its one of the best animations I've seen in a long time. 11/10.

A writer on my site asked it is the greatest Christmas film of all time. 

https://filmhounds.co.uk/2020/12/is-klaus-the-greatest-christmas-movie-of-all-time/