WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, RalphyV2 said:

Yea i had to stop playing as i got ganged up on and Cornered

I’m used to there being 4 types of player but there’s so many options and load outs. I’ve taken to squad spawning on Conquest and following them around at a close distance trying to familiarise myself with the maps. 

4 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

Can you not host a private game, and invite no one, or just a mate, and go exploring? I used to do that on COD4, really helped me to go find every nook and cranny for a few hours before embarking on multiplayer games 

You can play against AI opponents for an easier time. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Yeah. Jedi: Fallen Order managed to demonstrate that single player isn't dead. 

I couldn’t get on with this. Enjoyed the story and gameplay but wtf was going on with those hologram maps? I couldn’t make any sense of them and spent half my time running in circles trying to get back off the planet. 

Speaking of story driven single player games I finished GoW Ragnarok last night. I think it’s a straight up 10/10 with a couple of obvious flaws. The main one being the sheer size of the thing meaning the story doesn’t feel as tight or meaningful as the last one. Still, they pretty much took the 2018 one and perfected that style of gameplay and improved on it in a few ways. Even then like every game I play these days it struggles to measure up to the thrill of an Elden Ring battle but that’s a me thing and if you can’t be doing with From Soft games then the GoW combat is a nice middle ground. 

No one does the meaningful blockbuster game like PlayStation and this is another fine example of them doing it at its best. Sad dads for life.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
Just now, stumobir said:

I couldn’t get on with this. Enjoyed the story and gameplay but wtf was going on with those hologram maps? I couldn’t make any sense of them and spent half my time running in circles trying to get back off the planet. 

The maps were horrible. I was running around in circles a heck of a lot, and it took a while for the combat to click with me, and there were moments, mainly boss fights, where I was ready to stop playing until I nudged the difficulty down to easy, but  really enjoyed the story. I actually managed to get the whole way through it as well, which is probably as close as I'm ever going to get to finishing anything resembling a Soulsbourne type game. 

I certainly did better with it than I did with Horizon: Zero Dawn. 

• Paid Members

If anyone's in the mood for an old-school style survival horror, look into giving Signalis a go, it's on Game Pass (and available to buy on all consoles). It has that classic survival horror loop and interconnected level design down great, cool art style and a really well built tech-horror world. The strict inventory limit felt a bit too much, with not being able to drop items (or at least drop them and pick them back up) and I had to google how to do a few puzzles, but given it was made by only two people I can forgive any missteps! Good length too (over 10 hours), super impressive effort.

Minor enemy type spoiler...

Spoiler

It's about time Crimson Heads came back!

9 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

If anyone's in the mood for an old-school style survival horror, look into giving Signalis a go, it's on Game Pass (and available to buy on all consoles). It has that classic survival horror loop and interconnected level design down great, cool art style and a really well built tech-horror world. The strict inventory limit felt a bit too much, with not being able to drop items (or at least drop them and pick them back up) and I had to google how to do a few puzzles, but given it was made by only two people I can forgive any missteps! Good length too (over 10 hours), super impressive effort.

I hadn't realised that it was only made by two people - that's impressive. I second this recommendation, but I also second your complaint about the inventory limit. On the whole, though, playing this game reminded me of how I felt the first time I played the original Alone in the Dark and Dino Crisis; it's a nostalgic experience in many ways, yet it feels fresh; and eliminates a lot of the issues you would have if you were to revisit PS1-era survival horror games. I loved it.