Comedy and offense

Chris B

• Paid Members

@King Pitcos “Watch your tone” is not transphobic which is why I had no issue with it, you utter twat. Again, you didn’t quote anyone - you said it.

I’m not arguing this with you any more because you’re obviously oblivious to what you did and it’s like talking to a brick wall (or someone with the social awareness of). You’re ignored.

• Paid Members

Mrs Brown's Boys and Kenny Everett both involve drag. When it's contextualised by you referring to trans women (albeit those behaving unpleasantly) as 'men', it's not exactly a leap to read it as you likening trans women to characters like that.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The last time we had a discussion about trans and non-binary people on here, it was just as depressing and disappointing as this one is edging towards being.

No longer edging towards. Vintage UKFF.

13 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Mrs Brown's Boys and Kenny Everett both involve drag. When it's contextualised by you referring to trans women (albeit those behaving unpleasantly) as 'men', it's not exactly a leap to read it as you likening trans women to characters like that.

I would consider threatening outspoken women with sexual violence (or wishing it on them) to be a toxic male trait. You may disagree.

Man-in-a-dress mainstream comedy characters have been used as a reference point to denigrate trans women for decades, your assumption that they've always been completely separate is very naive. Transphobia isn't my issue with Mrs Brown's Boys, and isn't one I necessarily even agree with in the context of that show. But given the way the wind is blowing at the moment with offensive comedy, I would hope is enough of a link to get it taken off (because it's shite).

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

It's Pitcos. You just have to know how to read the post. If he'd had an equivalent for "you" as he has for "they", it would've been all over that post.

It should've been obvious from this one bit he'd seeded: "it’s completely acceptable to demand that they choke on your fat trans cock and die or, in an even more extreme example, that they watch their tone."

To be honest, I knew what Pitcos meant by that comment. It’s one that has been levelled at TERFs for a while. Where as it may be meant that not just men can have a penis, the sexual violence overtones of them totally negate that. And of course it’s what anti trans activists will pick out as proof that trans = predator. 

14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

And of course it’s what anti trans activists will pick out as proof that trans = predator. 

Yes! That screenshot of the quotes was from glinner or some similar nut. My favourite is when he reports tweets calling someone a TERF because he thinks it’s a code marking the recipient for violence, like when gypsies mark a house with chalk before robbing it.

Edited by King Pitcos

3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Yeah, I found it disgusting as well - but you thinking it's my comment shows your lack of knowledge on the subject, so maybe you should educate yourself and redirect your idiotic outrage in the future.

.ehDcUGQ.png

Regarding Mrs Brown's Boys, yes, I meant the same thing that Houchen said - I'll take any spurious connection to a social issue leading to it being deleted. Because it's awful.

OMFG

Can I just have one night where I dont have to justify my existence  on any social media where trans people not on show because cunts on Twitter are obsessed with Trans peoples parts

What JK Rowling said was ridiculously transphobic. She'd denied transmen and non binary people by declaring them women. She then stated because she'd been abused by cis men it was fine to go after trans people because Magdelen Burns hated them (RIP)

There are at least two trans people on this board. So rather than being a fucking Glinner about it. How about asking them what they feel. You complete and utter spenk

Edited by patiirc
Edited some spelling which was off

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

Yeah, I found it disgusting as well - but you thinking it's my comment shows your lack of knowledge on the subject, so maybe you should educate yourself and redirect your idiotic outrage in the future.

.ehDcUGQ.png

Regarding Mrs Brown's Boys, yes, I meant the same thing that Houchen said - I'll take any spurious connection to a social issue leading to it being deleted. Because it's awful.

Also known as, the John Terry defence.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Chubby Brown was at Farringdon club, near where I live a few years back. Its true what they say. You finish at the same places you start. Chubbs is like the Honky Tonk Man of comedy now. I dont think he gives a fuck if anyone laughs. His goals seems to be to make it through the night without shitting his 3 quarter lengths patch shorts or at the very least not dying. He's worth watching to see how anyone can justify promoting him on DVD or as a live experience. I saw a clip about 2 years back where the laughter was canned, the "song" he did was obviously done in a studio and not on the night. Just crap "he's a mong/shirt lifter" shite. At his height, he was very popular, so it must sting to see how crap the crowds are. He's had throat cancer, he's in his 70s and he's about 30 stone. So he must have a big tax bill or something to keep going, because I cant imagine there's much buzz to being called a fat cunt by Brexiteers and thugs at pension age.

The last I saw of him, his daughter was roping him into doing 'funny' dance memes with her on TikTok. He looked even less enthused than he did talking about smelly fannies on stage.

21 hours ago, patiirc said:

There are at least two trans people on this board. So rather than being a fucking Glinner about it. How about asking them what they feel.

My initial post was referencing a couple of recent cultural incidents of threatened men telling women what they’re allowed to think/say/feel, at no point was it relevant in that post to shoehorn in a request for anyone’s feelings.

As I touched on in a response to Chris B earlier, I am of the stance that anyone responding to a woman with something along the lines of “choke on my cock bitch” is likely a rapey bloke showing his true colours. Threatening JK Rowling with sexual violence is hardly going to convince her that transwomen aren’t predators - ergo, the Twitter users I was referencing are rapey men either sockpuppeting as rapey transwomen to reinforce what Rowling is saying and attack trans rights, or they’re rapey men pretending to be transwomen to get access to women (cis or trans). Either way, the people I was referencing are (I hope) not legitimately part of the trans movement. They’re just rapey men. So in this instance, I assumed there was no need to ask for a UKFF transgender consensus on whether rape threats/wishes are okay. I consider that one not to be an open question. 

There is more on why I wouldn’t want to do an open question to all trans members that is specifically related to you, Pat, but SuperBacon might be right so I’ve deleted it. PM if you actually want to have that discussion though.

Edited by King Pitcos