Comedy and offense

Chris B

18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I don't care about your little beef within this thread but I just want to say that I think that was a really cruel post, and those things didn't need to be said.

I’m not a mod or anything so my opinion is pretty irrelevant but I think it’s fair enough. 

9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m not a mod or anything so my opinion is pretty irrelevant but I think it’s fair enough. 

Why is that? I don't know anyone that well outside of this forum (and twitter) and their posts, and might have missed some historical context but I just thought it was unnecessarily cruel and targeted, and probably in the heat of the moment, so I'm glad it's been edited.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

@Keith Houchen I'm honestly pretty saddened by the fact you liked that diatribe and seem to be defending it, given the quality of character you've shown on here I'm just confused by how you stand by that from Pitcos.

3 minutes ago, neil said:

@Keith Houchen I'm honestly pretty saddened by the fact you liked that diatribe and seem to be defending it, given the quality of character you've shown on here I'm just confused by how you stand by that from Pitcos.

Because it was about the actions of an individual and not attacking an individual based on anything but their past behaviour, not their race, not their gender, not their sexual orientation, not their religion.  I also agree about the main body of the post about how anyone threatening someone, even if you vehemently disagree with them, with sexual violence shows the true colours.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

The last I saw of him, his daughter was roping him into doing 'funny' dance memes with her on TikTok. He looked even less enthused than he did talking about smelly fannies on stage.

A friend forwarded me a video the other day of Royston Vasey talk singing his way through one of what I presume to be several "clever" reworkings of My Sharona to be "My Corona". It was dreadful. He couldn't even keep up with the backing track. 

24 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Because it was about the actions of an individual and not attacking an individual based on anything but their past behaviour, not their race, not their gender, not their sexual orientation, not their religion.  I also agree about the main body of the post about how anyone threatening someone, even if you vehemently disagree with them, with sexual violence shows the true colours.

Just out of interest, I assume you saw the post before it was edited?

3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

My initial post was referencing a couple of recent cultural incidents of threatened men telling women what they’re allowed to think/say/feel, at no point was it relevant in that post to shoehorn in a request for anyone’s feelings.

As I touched on in a response to Chris B earlier, I am of the stance that anyone responding to a woman with something along the lines of “choke on my cock bitch” is likely a rapey bloke showing his true colours. Threatening JK Rowling with sexual violence is hardly going to convince her that transwomen aren’t predators - ergo, the Twitter users I was referencing are rapey men either sockpuppeting as rapey transwomen to reinforce what Rowling is saying and attack trans rights, or they’re rapey men pretending to be transwomen to get access to women (cis or trans). Either way, the people I was referencing are (I hope) not legitimately part of the trans movement. They’re just rapey men. So in this instance, I assumed there was no need to ask for a UKFF transgender consensus on whether rape threats/wishes are okay. I consider that one not to be an open question. 

There is more on why I wouldn’t want to do an open question to all trans members that is specifically related to you, Pat, but SuperBacon might be right so I’ve deleted it. PM if you actually want to have that discussion though.

Jesus Wept. 

I have no fucking words. 

You've conflated a billion different issues and then that the absolute gall to say that trans folk dont matter, and if they did, then they are men in skirts and will attack women. 

You're response is literally everything that is wrong with the gender critical argument.

Today because of the stupid nature of the thing, Trump rolled back Trans rights to healthcare, any health care during a global pandemic. 

Lost within all that is removal of women's right to abortion and access to healthcare in their own languages. 

Some victory there for the gender critical assholes as you've just ensured women have less rights to their own body . 

Oops! 

All your post appears more concerned with is twitter and who can get the best pr rather than the actual issues facing women, or trans people. 

You've the presumed to tell trans people what their own views should be like as you as a man clearly know more about it than a trans person would know about their own views. 

The list goes on. After that rant you then want to silence trans people by taking it to pm because you've spewed your transphobic hate missive and no one else can have an opinion especially those trans people you quite clearly demonstrably hate. 

I'm fucking sick of having to do this everywhere i go on line. But I'll make a point of pointing out where bigotry exists and where they try to make it out that they're the voice of reason. 

Making millions voiceless and denying their existence because of twitter is perhaps the most stupid argument that you can make. In this case Pitcos, you're the fascist dogwhistler. Perhaps stepping out of that  may mean you can rediscover the humanity you have so very clearly lost. 

21 minutes ago, patiirc said:

Jesus Wept. 

I have no fucking words. 

You've conflated a billion different issues and then that the absolute gall to say that trans folk dont matter, and if they did, then they are men in skirts and will attack women. 

You're response is literally everything that is wrong with the gender critical argument.

Today because of the stupid nature of the thing, Trump rolled back Trans rights to healthcare, any health care during a global pandemic. 

Lost within all that is removal of women's right to abortion and access to healthcare in their own languages. 

Some victory there for the gender critical assholes as you've just ensured women have less rights to their own body . 

Oops! 

All your post appears more concerned with is twitter and who can get the best pr rather than the actual issues facing women, or trans people. 

You've the presumed to tell trans people what their own views should be like as you as a man clearly know more about it than a trans person would know about their own views. 

The list goes on. After that rant you then want to silence trans people by taking it to pm because you've spewed your transphobic hate missive and no one else can have an opinion especially those trans people you quite clearly demonstrably hate. 

I'm fucking sick of having to do this everywhere i go on line. But I'll make a point of pointing out where bigotry exists and where they try to make it out that they're the voice of reason. 

Making millions voiceless and denying their existence because of twitter is perhaps the most stupid argument that you can make. In this case Pitcos, you're the fascist dogwhistler. Perhaps stepping out of that  may mean you can rediscover the humanity you have so very clearly lost. 

I'll hold my hands up if it can be pointed out specifically where he's gone wrong but all I've gathered from his posts is that he's against knobheads having a go at a woman on twitter, and used examples from said medium to make his point strongly 

As I said, happy to admit I'm wrong if it can be pointed out what he's said that's so out of order

10 minutes ago, Pogue said:

I'll hold my hands up if it can be pointed out specifically where he's gone wrong but all I've gathered from his posts is that he's against knobheads having a go at a woman on twitter, and used examples from said medium to make his point strongly 

As I said, happy to admit I'm wrong if it can be pointed out what he's said that's so out of order

My issue was more what he said in his post before he edited it. I found it unnecessary and a bit cruel but I think he said it in a fit of rage and hopefully reflected when he read it back.

I know I did in the black lives matter thread the other day.

I don't know either poster that well, and enjoy both their postings (mostly) and I would hope if I said something shit, someone would say something to me about it, like Chest the other day to me about being personal.

I can see that there's a lot of emotion from Pat about an issue that probably affects them everyday, so I hope there is some sort of resolution to it.

Possibly one for a private discussion, I don't know.

Love x