Comedy and offense

Chris B

13 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The last time we had a discussion about trans and non-binary people on here, it was just as depressing and disappointing as this one is edging towards being.

I'll retract my question then. I read enough hate/drama/bilge/fierce-opinion, etc on Twitter. Never let this place become Twitter! 

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

It's okay to tell trans women or men though?

Nope. Was talking specifically about the JK situation that was being discussed and the reaction I saw from people to those who they disagreed with. Apologies if that seemed i was excluding anyone from the larger conversation. 

3 hours ago, Factotum said:

Agreed on this. I am very uncomfortable with a lot of cis men telling cis women how they should feel on this.

Well the whole facade of men not telling women what to think and feel only applies if the women are already saying stuff you agree with. If they’re saying stuff you don’t like, it’s completely acceptable to demand that they choke on your fat trans cock and die or, in an even more extreme example, that they watch their tone. At least, that’s what politicians and twitter are demonstrating lately.

Hopefully it leads to cancelling Mrs Brown’s Boys and Kenny Everett. I don’t know if Kenny Everett’s stuff is even on anything now anyway, but it used to reet annoy me on the Paramount channel in the nineties.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Hopefully it leads to cancelling Mrs Brown’s Boys and Kenny Everett. I don’t know if Kenny Everett’s stuff is even on anything now anyway, but it used to reet annoy me on the Paramount channel in the nineties.

Mrs Brown’s Boys - while I’m not defending the ‘comedy’ aspect nor am I trans - doesn’t take the piss out of trans women. It’s drag in the same way as RuPaul. They’re not being derogatory of trans women, gay men or anyone in between. So why would MBB be cancelled in this context?

I can’t remember much about Kenny Everett so I can’t comment on that.

28 minutes ago, Monkee said:

Mrs Brown’s Boys - while I’m not defending the ‘comedy’ aspect nor am I trans - doesn’t take the piss out of trans women. It’s drag in the same way as RuPaul. They’re not being derogatory of trans women, gay men or anyone in between. So why would MBB be cancelled in this context?

I can’t remember much about Kenny Everett so I can’t comment on that.

What Houchen said. 

• Paid Members

I'd rather nothing was 'cancelled' if I'm perfectly honest. It gives people too much ammunition and makes an issue out of something that usually isn't really much of a problem. 

I'd much rather comedy from a previous era be slowly allowed to die out. Let Jim Davidson still tour and sell his tickets 2-4-1 to dwindling crowds. I had Chubby Brown's agent contact me a couple of years ago to host a date on his tour. Nothing pleased me more than telling him I didn't think he'd shift 400 tickets (even if he likely would). 

Giving these fucks the excuse that they're being 'silenced by the PC elite' plays into their hands. Let them fail on their own terms. It's better for everyone. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

What Houchen said. 

No, that’s no what you said so don’t jump on what Houchen said.

In response to Factotum saying about CIS men telling CIS women what to think you said:

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

Hopefully it leads to cancelling Mrs Brown’s Boys and Kenny Everett.

It wasn’t about the comedy aspect so please explain.

Also, I found your comment about choking on your “fat trans cock and die” fucking disgusting and shows your lack of knowledge on the subject so maybe you should avoid making stupid comments like that again in the future.

Edited by Monkee

• Paid Members

Chubby Brown was at Farringdon club, near where I live a few years back. Its true what they say. You finish at the same places you start. Chubbs is like the Honky Tonk Man of comedy now. I dont think he gives a fuck if anyone laughs. His goals seems to be to make it through the night without shitting his 3 quarter lengths patch shorts or at the very least not dying. He's worth watching to see how anyone can justify promoting him on DVD or as a live experience. I saw a clip about 2 years back where the laughter was canned, the "song" he did was obviously done in a studio and not on the night. Just crap "he's a mong/shirt lifter" shite. At his height, he was very popular, so it must sting to see how crap the crowds are. He's had throat cancer, he's in his 70s and he's about 30 stone. So he must have a big tax bill or something to keep going, because I cant imagine there's much buzz to being called a fat cunt by Brexiteers and thugs at pension age.

24 minutes ago, Monkee said:

Also, I found your comment about choking on your “fat trans cock and die” fucking disgusting and shows your lack of knowledge on the subject so maybe you should avoid making stupid comments like that again in the future.

Yeah, I found it disgusting as well - but you thinking it's my comment shows your lack of knowledge on the subject, so maybe you should educate yourself and redirect your idiotic outrage in the future.

.ehDcUGQ.png

Regarding Mrs Brown's Boys, yes, I meant the same thing that Houchen said - I'll take any spurious connection to a social issue leading to it being deleted. Because it's awful.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Yeah, I found it disgusting as well - but you thinking it's my comment shows your lack of knowledge on the subject, so maybe you should educate yourself and redirect your idiotic outrage in the future.

I don’t follow JK Rowling and have no interest in what she has to say. In the context of this thread though, you think it’s ok to just repeat something deplorable as this? You said it therefore it is your comment. If you were quoting it then put it in quote marks.

And you’re talking bollocks about your MBB comment. You said it in response to a comment about something else and not whether you find it funny or not. You’ve been called out on it and you’re backtracking.

Edit: I’m also not “outraged”, I just think you’re a prick đŸ‘đŸ»

Edited by Monkee

1 minute ago, Monkee said:

I don’t follow JK Rowling and have no interest in what she has to say. In the context of this thread though, you think it’s ok to just repeat something deplorable as this? You said it therefore it is your comment. If you were quoting it then put it in quote marks.

In the context of the post, it was absolutely relevant to repeat the sort of things that men are saying to women who say things they don't like. Why didn't you take issue with my use of "watch your tone"?

And I would really enjoy hearing what you've decided my dislike of Mrs Brown's Boys stems from or what you think you've "called out" so please enlighten me. 😆