Comedy and offense

Chris B

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Wasn't there also one where he went to India to see how his humour travelled over there?

I think it was the same one (or they used footage from a previous documentary). If memory serves, he saw the reason his jokes falling flat in India as being the fault of the audience, not him.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The first defence that anyone ever has of Manning, of course, was that he 'did a lot for charity' so therefore you can't criticise him for being a sexist, racist old cunt

Or as Viz dubbed him, the fat racist cunt of hearts.

5707088105_a86187ca90.jpg

Chubby and Bernard were good at what they did. You cannot deny they were great performers and gave their audiences what they wanted. I do not follow comedy these days, but when i see the odd ‘stand up to cancer’ advert on the comedy channel and it has that Joel bloke who is on everything nowadays or some unfunny woman cracking shit jokes, it makes me think, who actually watches these mediocre modern comedians? Who is the other posh bloke who appears on the Sky 1 programme with Jamie Redknapp? They are all terrible. 

I had a great holiday in Magaluf in the late 90’s. We went to The Only Fools and Horses bar in the day, swigging local brew watching Chubby Brown live on a big TV, followed by Only Fools and Horses episodes. Then out looking for the back scuttle in the evening. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Mr JL said:

Chubby and Bernard were good at what they did. You cannot deny they were great performers and gave their audiences what they wanted. I do not follow comedy these days, but when i see the odd ‘stand up to cancer’ advert on the comedy channel and it has that Joel bloke who is on everything nowadays or some unfunny woman cracking shit jokes, it makes me think, who actually watches these mediocre modern comedians? Who is the other posh bloke who appears on the Sky 1 programme with Jamie Redknapp? They are all terrible. 

c67.png.fe431be0b29608e930352574ad1ea69f.png

• Paid Members

Have I understood correctly that the issue is it's a council managed venue and the council don't want to take the booking, much as any venue owner can do, and he'd be fine if he booked somewhere privately owned for the gig who were happy with taking the booking?

If so, and for those on here who know about this stuff, is it a case that suitable mid sized venues like that are few and far between or is there likely to be somewhere down the road and it's good publicity for him?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr JL said:

I had a great holiday in Magaluf in the late 90’s. We went to The Only Fools and Horses bar in the day, swigging local brew watching Chubby Brown live on a big TV, followed by Only Fools and Horses episodes. Then out looking for the back scuttle in the evening. 

Lingard GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

16 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

If so, and for those on here who know about this stuff, is it a case that suitable mid sized venues like that are few and far between or is there likely to be somewhere down the road and it's good publicity for him?

Corporation is about 5 minutes walk away from there. Judging by demand there and the 300 tickets that had already been sold which have now been refunded, probably just easier to put a few chairs out in there