Comedy and offense

Chris B

34 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Standing up for Israel, moaning about cancel culture. She's clearly playing alt-right bingo.

She also said that 99% of celebs are sending out the wrong message during MeToo because they dressed like prostitutes. She also defended Roman Polanski in the same interview. Lovely woman. 
In the BBC Interview she said how the Beattie ads she was in wouldn’t get made now. Fuck knows what she means. 

• Paid Members

Standing in the queue in WHSmith today holding two Viz annuals for gifts (it’s £12 for one or two for a tenner in there, fyi. Don’t ask me how that works). Some old bloke turns to me and says “mark my words, this’ll be the last year you’ll be able to buy that with all this woke culture going on”, I replied “yeah, worlds full of people who don’t know what they’re talking about, isn’t it?” He laughed thinking I had sided with him and went on his merry way. That showed him, the prick. 

2 hours ago, Just Some Guy said:

The BBC are piloting an "anti-woke" stand up show for Radio 4.

I'm happy for a variety of views to be given air time but suspect that anti-woke comedy won't be very funny and the failure of a series order will be dubbed by knuckle draggers as censorship by the beeb.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2021/12/22/49904/bbc_pilots_anti-woke_comedy_show

This is being recorded at Backyard Comedy Club and I saw a poster for what I presume is this when I was there a few weeks ago. I wondered why any self respecting comedy club would do a specific right-wing themed comedy night as everyone knows they'd be shit, but then I remembered the place is owned by Lee Hurst.

1 minute ago, stumobir said:

Can’t even say your British anymore without offending someone. 

It’s probably because she was a Jewish character and Crombyns Cronies won’t allow it. That’s why she quit the Labour Party as often as I quit fifa when 2-0 down. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Can’t even say your British anymore without offending someone. 

I used to love getting Co-op membership forms in with British scribbled out and ENGLISH written beneath it like it changed the tick box options on the computer system I entered it onto.

It was always from out Leicester way too.

3 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Woke is a term I've seen used so much and so widely by so many nob ends I have absolutely no idea what it actually means.

Its origins are on black twitter I believe. Used about non black people sympathetic to black peoples problems. Which just make the dickheads using it to bash people even worse tbh.