RIP Fink

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I hate that Survivor Series clip because for as much as it clearly means to him the commentators still have to spend the entire time taking the piss. You’d hope in death he finally gets the respect he deserved. The voice of millions of childhoods. They’ve never had anyone else even come close.

• Paid Members
Just now, Supremo said:

I hate that Survivor Series clip because for as much as it clearly means to him the commentators still have to spend the entire time taking the piss. You’d hope in death he finally gets the respect he deserved. The voice of millions of childhoods. They’ve never had anyone else even come close.

That's the culture in WWE and always has been. If Vince takes the piss out of you, this works its way down so that the minnions start joining in once they see it as being acceptable and working into McMahon's good graces.

Seriously, that fucking company sometimes.

• Paid Members

This hit me like a kick in the bollocks. Absolutely gutted. He really seemed to be one of the genuine good guys, in a sea of tyrants. The ultimate, pinnacle of the profession, was The Fink. Along with a couple of others on commentary, Finkel was the voice of so many of my childhood memories growing up. Rest easy Fink, and thank you for all the great memories. 

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Does anyone know why he was in a wheelchair? I know it’s not that unusual for someone to have difficulty getting about in their late 60s but I never knew he was using a wheelchair until I just saw this picture of him with Danny Dyer. 

397D95FD-7DD2-44BA-8125-47E93DE2751B.jpeg

I think he had a bad stroke a few years back. There were reports on the newz sites but they were struggling to fully confirm it I think, people were being quite guarded on it. I'm sure Jerry Lawler ended up confirming it in an interview a year or so later.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I liked that Booker didn’t go along with the pisstaking.

Everything I’ve ever read or heard about Finkel, he’s just always seemed like a lovely bloke. Then you hear stories of how he was treated like shite backstage, to the point of breaking down in tears, and it really hammers home what a shower of complete and utter bastards a lot of them are/were.

Thinking back, he was probably a bigger part of my enjoyment of watching WWF as a kid than I’d have realised at the time. Nothing quite got the excitement going as a snot-nosed 8 year old than the sight of The Fink appearing on your telly, with his shiny head and black tux, and hearing the words ”It is now time for the ROYAL RUMBLE!!! Here are the rules...” 

This had me in bits the first time I saw it as well;

FD7948CB-8D94-476A-8701-FAF017075689.png

• Moderators

Every time I MCed a rumble I'd do the old "The rules are as follows"  "BOTH FEET must touch the ground" "Will be crowned the winner". 

The best. The absolute best. Every MC worth his salt in the business uses his template. 

• Paid Members

Aww, that sucks to hear. In an industry filled with loads of massive egos, dickheads, backstabbers, liars and just downright cunts, the Fink both came across as a genuine nice guy whom was aware of how popular he was with the fans but didn't let it get to his head, and that hardly anyone has ever spoken a bad word about him in public. The mark of a gent.

R. I. P. Fink.