RIP Fink

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

The Vickie Guerrero story, followed by that  photo with the sign on the door about him still wanting to watch every Monday night has done me in. What a lovely, sweet, loyal bloke. They won’t be, of course, but anyone who bullied him in that company should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. They didn’t deserve him.

Treating him like shit wasn’t a new thing. Didn’t they have wrestlers wreck the first Brand new car he had ever bought at an early raw? Even tho they replaced it, it’s not the same as the pride you have in something you worked hard to get. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Louch said:

Didn’t they have wrestlers wreck the first Brand new car he had ever bought at an early raw?

Yeah, X-Pac talked about it in one of his shoot interviews with Sean Oliver. Think it was when Mr Perfect was battering Shawn Michaels and they smashed the windows and damaged the car. 

• Paid Members

Worst story I've heard someone tell, was Court Bauer on his podcast mentioning that Fink made the mistake of telling one of the stooges that he was going to get some appreciation night in his home town where he started. And when Vince heard he called Howard in to do a random house show, as he was on the plane, just so he'd miss it. Not just miss it, but have the poor fucker on the plane there, only to have to come back. This was 2005/06, when they werent using him. And Vince and all his stooges were pissing themselves laughing. I mean, fucking hell.

WWE is the ultimate bully boys. They are the cliché. I remember that whole thing that "if you stick up to bullies, they will shit themselves." I always used to think that was bollocks, because if I stood up to the hardest lad in our year, he'd wouldnt have do a movie scene backtrack. But WWE it rings true. If stand up to JBL or Vince McMahon or one of them, they shit themselves. They only seem to pick on people who are to scared to stand up for themselves.

19 hours ago, Statto said:

That is a great moment. Despite Fink being so good at "AND NEEEEEWWWW" (and indeed "AND STIIIILLLL") the nature of pro wrestling finishes meant that he didn't get quite as many chances to do it in a really suspenseful moment like a boxing announcer might.

Quite a few people mentioning Fink impressions, glad I'm not the only one... Anyone brave enough to record theirs and post it, might bring a bit of levity at the current time? Mine would be audio only as I'm a proper scruffy bastard right now, I'd also have to wait for the wife to leave the flat for fear of being sectioned (she works in mental health).

Very good idea. And something we’ve all done through the years, along with spitting water in the air like Triple H.

I’ll start this off then...

Fink impression

Broke my rule on not watching Cornette videos to see his tribute, and he made a point about no one has any bad words to say against him. Can’t think of anyone else involved in wrestling that has had zero hate towards him from fans.